icon

Ca 425/545 Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmaynard 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 9:10 AM / IP Logged  
Ok i posted on here several months ago on how to install the 425/545 on my 2000 honda civic si. Well i decided it would be better to have it professionally installed due to my lack of experience on car alarms. So the problem is that since the alarm was installed on the car it will just randomly go off when nothing is even near the car, and trust me its not set sensitive at all( I can rock the car back and forth slightly and it wont even make it churp) So can anyone tell me if this is a common problem or does it have to do with the install being half ass'd?
jazzy95tsi 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 9:18 AM / IP Logged  
That is fairly common with those. Just turn the sensitivity of the built shock sensor all the way down.
Jeff Ca 425/545 Problem - Last Post -- posted image.
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 19, 2006 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
The shock sensor only detects sharp jolts---rocking the car won't set it off.
The unit comes pre-set with the shock sensor turned all the way up, which isn't good. The programming menu is a bit complex, but with some careful reading, you should be able to turn the shock sensor down as jazzy said.
But before you do that, you should verify that it is indeed the shock sensor.
Wait until the next false alarm. Disarm the alarm, but before you turn on the ignition, count how many times the LED is flashing. The owner's manual will describe which "zone" of the alarm was violated. That will tell you for sure where the false alarms are coming from.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic