icon

Pioneer manufacturing defect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,673
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

The fuse can be replaced but it does require that the radio be completely torn down.  The fuse is mounted under the circuit board.

It can be repaired inside the unit easily without tearing the unit apart.  I need to know if your RCA jacks are panel mounted or if they are on the end of a short patch cord coming out of the radio? or maybe you have 2 pairs panel mounted and one patch cable. 

Let me know if you have panel mounted or patch cords coming out of the radio.

midship93 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply.... I have 2 sets front and rear chanels that are panel mounted.

Here's a link to the manufacturers site for my headunit:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069880_50410536,00.html

Thanks again for your help.

i am an idiot 
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 10:36 PM / IP Logged  

You will need a few inches of some very small wire 28 or 30 guage    if you have an IDE hard drive cable laying around one of the wires in it will work great.

Remove the top cover of your radio and look at the back side of your RCA jacks.  On the side of the connector closest to the chassis of the radio there is a silver piece facing the edge of the radio.  It goes from the top to the bottom of the assembly. 

You need to solder a wire to that and solder the other end to the top of the tuner assembly (it is the Vertical board near the side of the radio that has a metal frame around it).  There is a little short leg that protrudes from the frame near the cd mechanism, it already has a little solder on it.

midship93 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 7:44 AM / IP Logged  

okay... I'll take a look at it tonight after work.  I can come up with an old IDE cable.  So, I'm all set on that.  Hopefully, the instructions will become clearer once I open it up.  I'll take some pictures of the procedure... and maybe post a step-by-step for everyone.

I'll let you know how it goes... thanks a million!

midship93 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  

Mission completed.  It was a tight spot for soldering.  I ended up taking it all apart (gutting out the cd mechanism).  Mostly, because I didnt know what I was doing.  After I was done, I realized I could've just popped the top plate off like you said.  Anyway, it made it a little more accessible.  I also took some before and after pictures of the insides.  If anyone is interested in seeing it... let me know and I will post them for you.

I plugged everything back into my MR2 and fired it up.  A complete success!!!!  I'ld buy you a beer or 2... or 3 if it were possible.  Thanks again!

i am an idiot 
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Glad to help,  I'll take you up on the beer.

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic