Tach wire Honda Accord 2004

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
viptime 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2006 at 3:49 PM / IP Logged  

Please help me to find tachometer wire on Honda Accord 2004

I know it is supposed to be “blue/red or blue (ac) @ ECM/PCM on the front of the transmission”

I just don’t see it

Thank you

viptime 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I know it is supposed to be “blue/red or blue (ac) @ ECM/PCM on the front of the transmission”
I just don’t see it
Thank you
pitabread 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  

viptime wrote:
I just don’t see it
Thank you

I think it's in the passanger side.

"Tachometer blue/red or blue   ac   ECM/PCM

Notes: The ECM/PCM is on the front of the transmission tunnel. The connectors are on the passenger side. On the 4 cylinder models the tach wire is in the white 31 pin connector E, pin 25. On the 6 cylinder models it is in the gray connector A, pin 23. "

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=20467&KW=2004+accord

green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
Under the dash, there is a group of plugs to the left of the steering column. This group of plugs is connected to a metal piece of the under dash by a YELLOW faster. Unclip the yellow faster and pull down on the group of plugs, it will unclip from the metal part of the underdash. Situate that group of plugs so its now upside down. There will be a BLUE/RED wire coming from a white plug. The white plug is connected to a brown or blue plug just for reference. This BLUE/RED wire is your tach wire. There are i think 2 blue/red wires, but one is on the blue or brown plug, dont use that one. The tach wire you will use will be using is on the WHITE plug. Use automatic tach learn to program. I am pretty sure its 6 cylinder though, but use auto learn to be sure. I hope this helps ya!
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 04, 2006 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
Easier way is to go to any ignition coil (normally near the spark plugs) and use the wire that is not black or BLACK/ white or go to an injector (same general area) and use the wire that is not yellow/black
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
why go into the engine bay if you dont have to? Once you find the wire inside the vehicle where I explained, you'll be surprised on how easy it really is. That way, you dont have to run a wire into the engine bay, wire loom and zip tie then solder and tape and hope it holds up in the engine bay over time. Just easier to stay under the dash in my opinion.
ferretvw 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 5:01 PM / IP Logged  
I just assumed it was for a remote start in which case there are more than just that wire that need to go through the firewall and finding those wires might be easier as there are only two on each injector and coil. just my 2 cents though whichever is easier for you vip
2008 Scion xB
Pioneer AVIC-D3
RF 3Sixty.2 sound processor
Stock speakers (for now ;))
green6767 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
well, if you're not using a module and your car has a factory alarm and depending on which bypass module you are using, you dont have to go in to the engine bay for anything. The modules I use take car of the factory hoodpin switch through the module if the car has a factory alarm. I guess if it doesn't, you will have to run that wire to the engine bay if you use hood switches. Like ferretvw said, whatever you choose, should work for ya. good luck!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic