icon

2000 F250 SuperDuty Lariat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rekon 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all whom read this. I've posted her in the recent past about my Chevy Cavalier and a 791xv install which was a complete success thanks to you guys! I now have a few questions regarding a 2000 Ford F250 Superduty truck my stepfather has just bought.
First off I have a question regarding the overhead console that is supposed to display the Temperature, a compass, fuel efficiency, and various other things. The problem is that it does not power on at all. Nothing shows up on the display whatsoever, as if there is no power connected to it at all. I've searched the internet for information about these overhead consoles and have not found a single detail about them. I was just hoping maybe somebody on here would have a suggestion or technique to troubleshoot them.
My second question is what type of anti theft is used on these trucks. I've had a hard time using google to find the specific type of anti theft bypass I need to use when installing a remote starter.
I greatly appreciate the time taken to read this and any comments you guys have!
Thanks again!
doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2006 at 9:03 PM / IP Logged  

check your key, if it has a small head with a rubber coating on it, you don't have any type of factory anti-theft, if it has a bigger black head then you have an RF based system, which means the key must be in the ignition to start it.  There are bypasses that can learn the code and repeat it or you can use a universal bypass that will pick up the signal from a spare key that you put in the box and transmitt through a ring around the ignition cylinder.

rekon 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Awesome, thank you!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic