icon

99 Dodge Ram 2500 lock/unlock pin locatio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
legend_tl-s 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 1:19 AM / IP Logged  

I got 99 Dodge diesel 2500 pickup. Installing Astra 200 car alarm uses neg (-) lock/unlock output. I looked up diagrams for 99 ram found these. I got everything else hooked up, but not the lock/unlock. according to the diagram below for 99 ram, it's ORANGE / purple = LOCK and Pink/purple = UNLOCK. well I am not sure where they are, what panel is kick panel? the only ORANGE / purple and Pink/Purple wires I found in left by the hood release the connector for wires that go into the drivers door (in the flex boot). but when I hooked alarm (-) 500mA lock/unlock to them, nothing happend. I heard of 5wire, but have no idea what that means, please explain if posible. also for locking diagram says something about reverse polarity. what does that mean? simply fliping from (-) to (+)? are Rams  lock/unluck pins (-) or (+)? Are there any other pins that I can probe into with alarm (-) 500mA door lock and unlock output? can anyone please post up some pictures where these pins are located, I can't even find them.

1999 Dodge Ram Pickup Security Information

Door Lock
 ORANGE / Purple (REV)
 10 Pin Connector Driver's Kick Panel Reverse Polarity (?)

Door Unlock
 Pink/Purple
 Driver's Kick Panel  (what panel? where? picture?)

Driver's Lock
 ORANGE / Black
 Left Kick Panel

Driver's Unlock
 Pink/Black
 Left Kick Panel

Passenger Unlock
 Pink/Purple
 Left Kick Panel

another wiring diagram

|       POWER LOCK|ORANGE / purple *1    |5wi|driver door harness        |

|     POWER UNLOCK|pink/purple *1      |5wi|driver door harness        |

Notes:

*1 Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is ORANGE / green, unlock is pink/green.

ok now, are the lock/unlock pins in the door itself or somewhere else? Where can I find this CENTRAL TIMER MODULE? is it easy to find? anyone has pictures of it? please help. VISUAL AID would be gread help. I just need something easy to probe into.

Thank You for you time and effort.

Eugene

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 6:36 AM / IP Logged  
Even though they list the 99 Ram as possibly being 5-wire, I have yet to do one that did not come with factory keyless. As the sheet says with factory keyless the lock is positive trigger and unlock is 5-wire. The "kick panel" is the plastic panel by the emergency brake, to left side of the pedals.
legend_tl-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:
Even though they list the 99 Ram as possibly being 5-wire, I have yet to do one that did not come with factory keyless. As the sheet says with factory keyless the lock is positive trigger and unlock is 5-wire. The "kick panel" is the plastic panel by the emergency brake, to left side of the pedals.

Ok so positive trigger means that I can hook up the alarms lock (-) 500mA wire to it, and it will work? because it didn't work for me last time. I found the connector at the kick panel left of emergency brake (is it the door jam where the rubber boot is at?). I found those wires but when i ground any of them, ORANGE / PURPLE or PINK/PURPLE nothing happend, doorlocks didn't move - they do work when I use the lock/unlock switch. SO directly plugging (-) wires from my alarm wont work huh?

Can you please explain more in depth on this 5 wire thing, if posible picture of where those pins are?

99 Dodge Ram 2500 lock/unlock pin locatio -- posted image.

I am not getting this 5 wire deal.

Please picture where the plugs are at.

thank you

Eugene

legend_tl-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

Twelvoltz wrote:

Ok so positive trigger means that I can hook up the alarms lock (-) 500mA wire to it, and it will work? because it didn't work for me last time. I found the connector at the kick panel left of emergency brake (is it the door jam where the rubber boot is at?). I found those wires but when i ground any of them, ORANGE / PURPLE or PINK/PURPLE nothing happend, doorlocks didn't move - they do work when I use the lock/unlock switch. SO directly plugging (-) wires from my alarm wont work huh?

Can you please explain more in depth on this 5 wire thing, if posible picture of where those pins are?

I am not getting this 5 wire deal.

Please picture where the plugs are at.

thank you

Eugene

legend_tl-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 7:41 PM / IP Logged  

Is this where the pins are at?

I got 99 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel MT

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
The wires you need are in that rubber boot, but you should be able to remove the panel beside the brake and find the harness where it comes into the car. Wire up two relays like the above diagram shows, 86 and 87 to 12volts, 85 from the lock outputs on the alarm. For lock, cut the orange purple wire and attach the end from the door(switch side) to 87a and the end away from the door(motor side) to 87. Now do the same for the unlock wire. Make sure you fuse the relays.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
these wires are a pain to get at. if you take that cover off the kick panel, you will most likely pull out a black garbage bag looking thing with some foam in it to reveal the plugs with the doorlock wire in it. OR, you can just get the wires at the door boot.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
legend_tl-s 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

Mike M2 wrote:
The wires you need are in that rubber boot, but you should be able to remove the panel beside the brake and find the harness where it comes into the car. Wire up two relays like the above diagram shows, 86 and 87 to 12volts, 85 from the lock outputs on the alarm. For lock, cut the orange purple wire and attach the end from the door(switch side) to 87a and the end away from the door(motor side) to 87. Now do the same for the unlock wire. Make sure you fuse the relays.

So two relays is all I am going to need (for LOCK & UNLOCK)?

Diagram above shows 12v @ 87 and 85

30 goes to motor

87a to switch

86 alarm lock output

IS THAT RIGHT??

So the neg (-) output from alarm is correct for the contact 85?

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 7:31 PM / IP Logged  
Yes two relays, one for lock and one for unlock. 86 and 85 are interchangeable, so you can connect either to 12volts as long as the other is lock output.....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic