icon

98 chevy bypass passlock

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chuckp 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 4:33 PM / IP Logged  

I would like to bypass my daughters car from the passlock is there a quick and easy way to do this??? the light came on today and it wouldnt start and last year i replaced the ign switch it fixed it but i don't want anymone no starts..

98 chevy malblu

Montrealler 
Copper - Posts: 155
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 10:18 PM / IP Logged  
Find the proper resistor value from the key cylinder.
Cut the yellow passloc wire
Read in the 20k homs scale across the cutted passloc yellow wire on the key side with ignition on.
Make an equivalent resistor with the part you have. accuracy is mandatory.
Install the resistor across the CUTTED Yellow passloc wire on the car side and the ground reference of the passloc.
Isolate the yellow wire from the key cylinder side and voila your passloc is bypassed foeever.
Save on bypass and cout on reliability.
Trust me that is the best method ever.
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 11:21 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry, but I found that explanation very hard to read and inaccurate to be completely honest with you. First of all, you dont want to cut the wire before you turn the key on. Second, you START the car, then cut the yellow passlock wire. "CUTTED" isn't a word and its passlock, not pasloc. I'm not sure I follow what your "instructions" were trying to tell.
Chuck, I PM'd you back
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.
joescarstereo 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2006 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  

What he was saying is that you can bypas  without a bypass

First cut the passlock yellow

second cut the starter yellow(which you will put back together)

Third find the passlock ground which should be black(you can tell if you remove the column cover it will be with a thin orange with black trace and your passlock yellow.

Fourth put the meter on ohms and read the resistance of the passlock system as you hold the key forward in the start position with the red lead of the meter on the key side  (yellow passlock)and the black lead on the (black Passlock ground )hold for 10 seconds this will give the resistence)

Fifth get the resistor needed and solder it accross the passlock ground and the car side yellow passlock(youwill no longer use the keyside yellow passlock just tape it up.

Six put the starter yellow back together once your resitor is in and fire her up

The Car show Kings
green6767 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2006 at 12:16 AM / IP Logged  
I understand what he was "trying" to say. I have been doing the passlock II bypass without modules for some times now. There is no need to actually cut the starter wire in the vehicle, this just adds more time and uneeded soldering/cutting. Especially in the Malibu where the ignition wires are located behin the radio, its a little more difficult to actually solder wires there. I advise against cutting the starter wire in the vehicle, its an uneeded step.
Chuck, read my PM, I can give you a detailed explanation of what needs to be done for the Passlock II bypass for your specific car and how to do it properly if you like.
Shaun, we are the same height, that is neat!
12V Installation Technician for Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, Toyota and Jeep.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic