icon

2005 F350 Diesel Doorlocks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
acherman 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2006 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  

I did a search and found this post https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=60077 and it helped greatly.  I now have a Viper remote starter installed in my truck.  I would like more information on the doorlock wiring.  My truck deos not have factory keyless entry, so using the info supplied, quoted below I found the pink / YELLOW and the pink/black - each wire rests at ground and goes to +12V while the button is pressed either way.  Now, if I apply 12V to either wire (via relays driven by the Viper module) the locks should operate.  Correct?  I just want make sure.

Thanks in advance for everyones help.

Snip:

Power Lock pink / YELLOW (w/o keyless)   5wi driver kick, door harness

Notes: Vehicles with keyless entry, the lock wire is WHITE/ red (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 3.
The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Power Unlock pink/lt. green (w/o keyless)   5wi driver kick, door harness
Notes: Vehicles with keyless entry, the unlock wire is BLACK/ white (-), in the driver kick, door harness or also at the VSM, gray plug, pin 2.
The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Vehicles with keyless entry the VSM shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period, to wake up the system refer to DirectFax document 1094.
Lock Motor pink/black   5wi driver kick or VSM, gray plug, pin 1
Notes: The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.
Unlock Motor RED / orange   5wi driver kick or VSM, gray plug, pin 7
Notes: The VSM (Vehicle Security Module) is to the right of the accelerator pedal above the transmission hump below the radio. Not accessible from radio opening.

doibuy 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2006 at 9:22 PM / IP Logged  

If your truck's door locks are 5 wire (reversing polarity) then just sending 12v to them will not work and will cause you to keep blowing fuses.  Here's an easy way to check what type of system you have...cut one of the wires, lock or unlock it doesn't matter, and try to operate the locks.  If they stop working all together then you have 5 wire locks, if only the function you cut stops working and the other works fine, then you can get by with pulsing 12v to them. 

Now if you find you have 5 wire locks here's how to wire them...cut both wires  You'll need 2 relays or the relay pack that comes with your Viper alarm.  If you use relays wire them both up the same way, one for lock, one for unlock.  Hook the wire going to the lock motor to pin 30, the wire from the switch to pin 87a,  12v to pin 87 and pin 86, negative output from the alarm to pin 85. 

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 31, 2006 at 10:20 PM / IP Logged  
You want the pink / YELLOW (lock) and pink/green (unlock), not the pink/black. You will have to 5 wire them which means if your viper unit doesn't have built in lock relays you will need 2 relays. And yes you have to find (driver door sill if 4 door, driver door boot if 2 door) and cut both of these wires.
Mike
acherman 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
Cool.  Thanks very much, guys.  I will set up those relays tonight.  Much appreciated.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic