the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Circuit City Interview tomorrow. Advice?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
So i currently am working at a Best Buy and the people there just aren't the type i like working with in the bay. So i applied at the nearest Circuit City. And i got a call today and i have an interview tomorrow at 1. So far things i'm taking are my MECP certification certificate, a few examples of my work mainly basics and a littla custom, and i'm also bringing a resume. Anything else that has helped you guys out in the past? thanks
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

Just relax and be yourself. Be honest and humble. If you over-advertise yourself and don't show their highered expectations, expect a short employment.

Good Luck!

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Bring your tools.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
Listen more than you talk. When in doubt, shut up. It's easier to talk yourself out of a job than into one.
zerepdivad 
Silver - Posts: 605
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 01, 2006 at 11:12 PM / IP Logged  
Well i went in for the interview and it all seemed to go fine. The guy said they'd call me in the next few days for my second interview and then he was talking about orientation on sunday if all goes good with the background check and drug test. So i take it that's an ok sign. Anyone know what they'll usually pay starting out with some experience and certification? i didn't know how professional it'd be to ask at the interview.
Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
I was an Assistant there not too long ago and would advise you to find that out early. My experience is that Best Buy does pay their installers much better. I would generally start installers between 9.15 hr to 11/hr depending on experience. May seem low, but in our market, all the private shops are commission based pay. Lots o' work=Lots o' cash, No work=No check.
1lowgalant 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 5:20 PM / IP Logged  
yeah, circuits pay is a little on the low side compaired to bby. don't expect to make as much as you do at bby.
Whatever you do, DO NOT let the white smoke leak out of the wires.....
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 12:22 AM / IP Logged  
Well on the plus side circuit does have a little better selection as far as gear goes, you could get some good deals on eclipse, alpine and infinity gear.
mando2155 
Copper - Posts: 74
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 1:02 AM / IP Logged  
I do believe Circuit pays better than BB,  and they no longer carry alpine or infinity.  Hopefully you like the people you ll be working with,  it always makes the job 10 times better.
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
HA, CC in my area pays about $12.50 for the experienced installer + point based commision...for if you did over your quota, you could make up to $4 per hour of that week....which adds up to about almost $17 an hour...be nice if BB could match that...our store has 3 installers, all full time,one senior...we all got 40hrs this week INCLUDING holiday pay...and I was OFF on black friday....not because im special...cuz SOMEONE is cheap....if you pay more,or have a points system, you can work more hours, and take in more cars and hire more people...which would make the company more money...CC knows this...this is one thing I think BB is a little behind on..
rtfm
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic