icon

Right Alarm for application

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  

I have a customer that has a show car (new Chevy Malibu station wagon) that is basically stock, he has lambo doors and air bag suspension on it, and lives in a real bad part of Los Angeles.  Basically I pitched the idea to him of putitng on a really good alarm system that will detere thieves.

It is a really good thing that he is talking to me, because I don't know who his installer currently is, but who with today's technology doesn't know about, or even how to hook up an aftermarket HU that will interface with the stock steering wheel controls and On-Star???

Anyways what I am looking for here is an alarm, possibly the Viper 791xv, but something that will have a lot of sensors on it so that theives will not want anything to do with the car.  Also possibly mounting a siren or two inside the cabin to really detere the idiot just in case it gets that far.

What sensors/models do you guys suggest, and possibly a WAYYY overkill starter kill or diagram of one that can be hooked up.

Money is not an issue on this, trust me! lol with the rock his wife has on her hand haha.  But he really wants security.

What are your suggestions?

Hope to hear some good ones!

Thanks gentlemen!

Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
The 791 , loaded with sensors.. razor blades under the door handles, and mabey wire a coil so they get a good jolt when they touch it.... Personally I would recomend a good concrete garage... hehh....
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
captainzab 
Silver - Posts: 606
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 02, 2006 at 7:25 PM / IP Logged  
If money is no Option
Use the Viper 5000 Brain. Replace it with the SST antenna and Remote (get him 2 remotes).
Starter kill (n/o), microwave sensor, glass break sensor, tilt sensor (a MUST have). Hook up every sensor (hood,door,trunk)
Add an Extra siren outside, Use back up battery and hide a piezo siren in car somewhere. Also, hook up the horn output wire.
Also include dei's GPS tracking
Local NEWS:
A few weeks ago, tow truck guy was trying to steal a show car in my neighborhood. Owner ran out and shot the tow truck guy causing him to swerve into a restaurant. Tow company claimed it was repo job, they failed to produce to the police any info saying it was a repo job. Police knew at the scene the tower was trying to steal the car.Right Alarm for application - Last Post -- posted image.
Note: You Always Dont Get What You Pay For.
mustangfoo 
Silver - Posts: 371
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 03, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
quick question never hear of n/o starter kill, what is that? Normally open?  Also the 5000 is better than the 5900?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic