icon

2006 Tahoe, Viper 791

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
swghpu 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  

If I remove the domelight dimmer/override switch that is located beside the headlight switch LT side of the steering wheel.  Their is a plug that goes to the domelight switch can I use one of those wires for the door trigger?  To do the parking light flash will I need to run a relay to the alarm for the?  I might be getting to old for this or are the cars getting harder???

Thanks

Slade
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 7:20 AM / IP Logged  

You might find the gray/black door trigger behind the switch, i dunno. Never wanted to get it there because it's just too easy to get it from the BCM. You have to remove the under dash panel anyway and the BCM practically hits you in the face after that. It just doesn't get any simplier, pull the panel down, you will see a row of plugs, look for the ONLY black plug, and it's a gray/black positive wire.

As for the parking lights, they are the same color(gray/black) and are a negative. This wire can be found on the purple plug on the back of the BCM. You don't need to remove it, just reach around and unplug it from underneath to make your connection. There's a jumper on the side of the Viper brain that will change the parking light polarity to negative.

I don't mean to be mean, but this truck is as simple as it gets. If you can't do one, it's time to go to a pro....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
The park lights are in the brown plug right in the middle of the BCM, gray/black neg. Just FYI little bit easier than going to the back of the BCM. You can also get the park lights at the switch if you want, but there will be 2 gray/black wires there so test accordingly. The domelight wire won't be at the switch, but you can use the blue/white @ the switch for neg. dome supervision if you'd like. That same blue/white can also be found in the blue plug @ the BCM. Lots of options here..
"I might be getting to old for this or are the cars getting harder???"
Actually the cars are getting easier and easier. Mechanics can almost do remote starts nowadays. I'll take a newer car over an older one any day.
Mike
swghpu 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 11:03 AM / IP Logged  
The brake wire can I find that wire at the brake pedal, or can I find it at the BCM?  For the Tachometer wire I can find it at the PCM a5 white wire, or can I find it at the BCM, I am having a problem getting behind the instrument cluster.    Thank you for your help!!!
Slade
fortisi876 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

Slade: Im not a pro (having my own issues with my RS install)  but I think your '06 is similiar to my '01.

The brake wire can be found at the brake switch, its the white wire.

The secret to getting your dash apart is making sure the tilt wheel is set all the way down AND move the gear selector all the way down too. This should give you the clearance to move the trim out and move the dash cluster out and to the right giving you the room to grab that tach wire (white - only four 10MM bolts to remove cluster).

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 8:36 AM / IP Logged  
fortisi876 wrote:

This should give you the clearance to move the trim out and move the dash cluster out and to the right giving you the room to grab that tach wire (white - only four 10MM bolts to remove cluster).

FYI, they are 7mm bolts. remove the 4 bolts and pull out, turning the bottom uowards first with the wheel all the way down. It's a VERY easy cluster to remove....

Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 9:36 AM / IP Logged  

Please continue to install this remote start as it sounds like you are very competent........

enihcamxes4you 
Member - Posts: 24
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  

if you cannot find the tach wire, why not use voltage sense with the remote start. i use that most of the time when i do remote starts and i never run into any problems..  unless its an older car that needs help.

good luck

Lenny Jenkins
MECP First Class Installer
6 years
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic