icon

Remote Start, 2nd Starter Wire

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aznfreakyguy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 3:09 AM / IP Logged  

Ok, so this is what i got so far from what ive been reading.

I have a viper 5900 and a 95 200sx

so i cut the main starter wire, which i assume to be BLACK / YELLOW and attach teh green and purple wires to this wire, leaving the oringal wire cut and only runnign through the alarm, this woudl also prevent the starter from enganginif the car is already on. 

ok now the second starter wire, am i pose to cut the second starter or jsut leave it and attach a relay to it from which it gets power from the little purple wire off the relay sattalite.  and also,  if i am leaving this wire intact, wont it start the starter tioo? even if the engine is runnig? or does this starter wire control somethign else. i hope this gets anwserd soon, i need to finsih befoer school on monday lol thnaks everyone

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 3:21 AM / IP Logged  

If you cut the first starter wire and the vehicle doesn't start...there is no reason to cut the second.

If the viper 5900 has a 2nd starter output wire, connect it to a relay to power up the 2nd wire during crank only, if not the little purple off the ribbon will do just fine. Piece of cake.

Need anymore help just ask. Good Luck

Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2006 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
You have it right. The small purple is output during crank only, so it will trigger the relay just when the starter should be engaged. Do it this way, 85 to the small purple, 86 and 30 to 12volts, and 87 to your second starter wire....

Remote Start, 2nd Starter Wire -- posted image.
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
aznfreakyguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  

so anyways i got it installed, thanks guys!!

another question related to the viper 5900.

i think it has a built in starter/anti grind relay, or does it? the install manual says connect the green wire to the key side of the starter wire for this.  but later on in the manaul it then says i need to get the optional starter relay from DEI in order for it to work. which one is it, does anyone noe.  and if it does have built in, does the anti grind only work when u remote start it? or does it work even if u maually start it.

thanks again guys

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

I have not used the 5900 but I install the 791and 771 alot and they have built in anti grind. What it does is prevent 12+ from getting to the motor side of the crank wire during remote start operation only.

One you enter the vehicle and step on the brake, the remote start system shuts down and the starter can grind if you turn the key to crank.

However, some vehicles have an antigrind from the factory or key turn lock out.

If you find out that the 7900 does not incorporate a built in antigrind the install manual should tell you how do build one with a relay. However, I am 99% sure it is built in as long as you install it properly (which is green to key side as you did).

aznfreakyguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  

thanks everyone :-D i have it installed completly now :-D and it works great, specially love the starter :-D Oh did i mention, its a 5-speed har har har.  but i made it as safe as possible.  wont start unless parking brake up and wont start if in gear :-D i made a relay that cut off the neutral safety line from the alarm if it was in gear.  i usally leave my car in neutral anyways, but never can be too safe on such a dangerous feature.  i made my safety switch on the stick shift out of hard wire, so i dont think i should have a problem with it, but i will prob check it everymonth jsut to be safe. :-D

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic