icon

2nd and 3rd ignition wire up

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xplicitmoods99 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged  

i own a 2006 nissan armada. its has one ignition wire. my bypass unit requires a 3rd ignition wire and the alarm unit had a 2en ignition wire that is + and it also has a wire for a 3rd ignition which is200mA grounded output. how can this be wired up. thanks

The Great One
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
Post the parts you are installing. (Brand and part#)
xplicitmoods99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
autopage 860 and a universal alarm bypass module.
The Great One
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you are using a key in the box type module. These require a 12 volt + ignition source of power and a ground when running circuit. Hook the bypass power wire to your remote starters 1st ignition ouput wire and the ground for the bypass to the remote starters 3rd igntion out which is negative. This will allow the bypass to only work when the remote starter has been activated. The 3rd igniiton is also usually called the negative out when running wire.
sparky
xplicitmoods99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  
ok im gettin a better understanding of it now. the bypass unit has 2 wites YELLOW /GREEN for 12 volt and WHITE/ green to 3rd ingition. so i hook this WHITE/ green wire to the 1st ignition wire. right?  so there no need for a 2nd and 3rd ignigion hook up? there is no wire for a ground  when running but the wire on the alarn unit it self.i already placed the transponder wire around the ignition switch.
The Great One
xplicitmoods99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 9:34 PM / IP Logged  
oh one more thing. the alarm has a 2nd ignition wire. do i need to hook that up or cap it off?
The Great One
xplicitmoods99 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
I got it working. thanks for your help. but i still have one problem. its starts with the remote,  when it start the accessories come on and the headlights come on. the truck has auto headlights.then it shuts off. i dont know if there a wires to disarm the factory security. if there is i dont know where it located. thanks
The Great One

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic