icon

1995 audi 90 quattro, DEI Viper 5900

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
shapiror06 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
try holding the program button on the back of the remote until the remote goes into program mode, then hit the orange remote start button until you hear only one beep, then let the remote time out and you'll hear two more beeps. try that and let me know
shapiror06 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
thanks! i figured it had to be the yellow one, it usually is.
aznfreakyguy 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 9:38 PM / IP Logged  
nope... turning off and on the page didnt do anything.... could it be the anteanna?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Bitwriters can be bought off ebay, or you can talk to a local DEI install shop and see if they can program it for ya. It might cost ya 20 bux or whatever but at least its done.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
shapiror06 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2006 at 10:01 PM / IP Logged  
it could be the antenna. unhook the battery, and check the connections of the antenna. then reconnect the battery and see what happens
shapiror06 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 9:32 AM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have any experience with the Audi 90 series' factory anti-theft systems that would be willing to shoot some advice my way and answer a couple questions regarding keyless entry/remote start?
shapiror06 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2006 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 1995 audi 90 with a factory anti-theft system. i need to know how to use my DMM to test for the factory disarm wire. it's a - wire according to the DEI wiring diagram for my car.
also, for the Viper 5900, do I need a relay to set up the factory disarm, and if so how do I hook up the relay?
shapiror06 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  

what kind of signal does the brain for the Viper 5900 output through the wire that is supposed to go to the factory disarm wire?

according to my wiring diagram, the factory disarm wire is "BROWN / Green (-). "  this i'm assuming means when it recieves a (-) pulse it's activated (or disarmed in this case), correct?  are there any special relays that need set up?

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic