Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
angelars wrote:
JWorm wrote:
You really have no idea what you are talking about.
Actually we do. Ask your friendly police officer if you have a law called "unattended vehicle'. It might be a state by state thing. The law reads that the car cannot be started or running without an adult being in the car. It's not aimed at remote starters, it's aimed as a safety issue.
How do you go from...putting a remote start in a manual transmission car is illegal ....to what you just posted above? Wouldn't the "unattended vehicle" law apply to any vehicle that is remote started? I guess we should shut down this forum because we are all engaging in discussing illegal activity....the installation of remote starters.
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
m2736185 wrote:

JWworm: I was told that you have to apply the brake put it in neutral then YOU MUST get out of the drivers side door

Do you not do this now? Do you like to crawl out of a back door, or maybe the passenger door? Also, the remote start will not know what door you get out of. It just needs to see a door open, and then close.
m2736185 wrote:

J if you open any other door or even the trunk it will not start again...then you have to press a button once you are out of the car to stop it.

After you exit the car, you can NOT go back inside without cancelling the remote start reservation mode. If you did, the remote start has no idea if you put the car into gear. You CAN disarm the alarm, go into the trunk, close the trunk, arm the alarm and then remote start the car. You DO NOT have to press a button to shut off the car once you get out. It shuts OFF once the last door is closed.
m2736185 wrote:

JAlso the remote for the 2WSS-S is kinda big do they have a 1   way remore you can carry around with you?

They do make a smaller 1-way remote. It is not included with the 2WSS-S. Look at the 2W900FM-S. The 2-way remote is a little smaller and a tiny 1-way remote is included. Range is up to 3000 feet.
m2736185 wrote:

So what do you guys think between the viper 5900 and the Compustar 2WSS-S

The Viper 5900 does not have any safety precautions to prevent it from starting in gear. You may never leave the car in gear, but if someone borrows your car or a mechanic presses the start button when it is in gear then the car will go launching forward. I recommend the Compustar 2W900FM-S over both of your choices.
By the way, what is the year, make and model of your car?
m2736185 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
2000 Neon
mthisguy 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  
I have used the Compustar your looking at on both auto and manual models, no problems whatsoever.  With the manual when you set the park brake and take your foot off the brake and take the keys out the remote start keeps the car running until you get out, then it shuts off the engine.  Since you couldnt have gotten out of the car with the engine running with it in gear the remote start knows its in neutral.  As a safety precaution if you get in the car after its armed and has not been started it will not remote start because you could have put it in gear while you were in the car.  The compustar is a 1 shot deal though, once you cut the wire to make it work with a manual trans. you cant go back to automatic mode.  I can tell you from experience the SS model has double the range of the other models, I tried a standard FM model and it's range was about 1.5 blocks at very most, with my SS I have about 1/2 mile reliable range.  Its a 5 minute walk at a brisk pace from where I start mine to where its parked and also have 1 building between me and the vehicle.  Works very well.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic