avic-n3

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
suzaku 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 1:20 PM / IP Logged  

Hello,

I apologize if the questions answered here have been answered before but I have searched around with conflicting answers.

1. Does the AVIC-N3 support the bluetooth adapter CD-BTB100 or any other adapter at all?

Well I have checked online auctions for this adapter and alot of them say that this is compatible with the N3. Others say that it is compatible with Bluetooth ready receivers. I tried to look at pictures of the box and did not see any bluetooth ready logos on it. I tried to search some forums and found out that one person is using the Nokia Car Kit through the aux input on the N3. So my gut feeling is that there is no Bluetooth support for the N3 however I don't want to guess anymore so hopefully someone can answer this for me here.

2. Does the N3 support Wired Remote Input?

I am planning to install this unit onto my non Nav BMW 335i coupe. I was hoping to keep my steering wheel functions that I have on the stock stereo.

I saw this ebay auction: http:///.com/PAC-SWI-PS-Pioneer-Steering-Wheel-Interface-AVIC-N3-Z1_W0QQitemZ190049569622

So does the N3 support this function?

3. Does the Navigation on the N3 support voice turn by turn directions?

This maybe the stupidest question of all. But you won't believe the conflicting information you get from searching. Some say yes, some say no, and some say that you need two adapters for this function.. the surround sound adapter and an external speaker adapter offered by pioneer.

This is it so far. I hope you guys can answer this for me. If I have more questions I will deffinately ask :D

Thank you for the help

whtcrxghst 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2006 at 1:53 PM / IP Logged  

1.  The N3 was not designed for bluetooth.  The CD-BTB100 is only recommended for use on the avhp6800dvd and avhp7800dvd.  With that being said, it will work a little if you plug the two together.  The bluetooth adaptor is recognized as an external unit so there is little or no on-screen functionality.  Basically, you still have to dial from your phone, and the caller id may or may not work.  Not recommended

2.  It does have the wired remote input.  Your link doesn't work

3.  It gives turn by turn voice prompts out of the box, no need to buy anything else.  You can even set it to mute the audio for these prompts, or just turn it down.  If you would like to speak to the N3, you have to buy the CDVC1, which is the microphone and steering wheel remote--its $50 retail

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic