icon

96 Deville Trunk and Fuel Door Release

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hooking up trunk and fuel door release options on remote start in a 96 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. Directechs list that you go to behind the seat at the relays and grab the +12V wires but Ive read a few other posts on here about just tapping the - trigger at the release switches. Id rather just grab - trigger wires at the switches but If I do decide to get the trigger between the factory relay and motor, am I going to want to just tap in a +12V trigger or would I want to wire the relays in reverse polaroity(5-wire style)??
qdaddy 
Copper - Posts: 133
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
just go to the trunk on some models of caddy its required 12v wire off of factory relay i have done many a caddy l live in an area where these are popular96 Deville Trunk and Fuel Door Release -- posted image.
qdaddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
door triggers and locks p lights are usually also found hereantway96 Deville Trunk and Fuel Door Release -- posted image.
lsondubz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Well the locks and park lights are in the kick panel, thats also why I wanted to tap at the switches so I dont have to take apart the back seat for just those 2 triggers...
lsondubz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2006 at 6:55 PM / IP Logged  
Well the locks and park lights are in the kick panel, thats also why I wanted to tap at the switches so I dont have to take apart the back seat for just those 2 triggers...
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  
is it the year where the switches are located above the radio? 
lsondubz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 6:21 AM / IP Logged  
No I believe that is a Seville...This is a sedan deville, they are to the left of the wheel if I remember correctly.
qdaddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 1:05 AM / IP Logged  
if they are built into the park light switch then the trunk  is the only place ive tried and failed as i said have done more than my fare share of caddys and doin alarms since 93 p lights are recommened in the trunk also kick(brown)wire  will give problems feedback i was just sayin accordin to the tech sheet          locks          lights              trunk/gas release        door triggers   all found back of seat even catch 12v in trunk so jus run your siren and stkll to the front and your done mount brain back there too96 Deville Trunk and Fuel Door Release -- posted image.
lsondubz 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 6:26 AM / IP Logged  
Directechs lists the locks in the driver kick, as well as a negative trigger parking light wire but I believe the parking light wire will only work with the ignition on so I might still have to run that to the rear, I am doing a remote start not alarm, so I have to leave the brain up front, The only thing I really need to go behind the seat for is the trunk,fuel door release,and probably the parking lights...I am just wondering if the wires that I am tapping into are the actual motor/actuator wires for the trunk/fuel door? I was going to see if I needed to cut the wire and wire reverse so I dont send a +12V feedback back to the relay when triggering those options...
qdaddy 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
jus pos pulse trunk/gas door trigg in rear96 Deville Trunk and Fuel Door Release -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic