icon

Lessen the magnetism?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 2:22 AM / IP Logged  

Now I really feel retarded now... I guess I got so into the solution I completely forgot about the safety >.< Sorry

Listen to the Mad Scientist! MS is good, MS is wise.

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
muzique800 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2006 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  

Thanx everyone, for your input. And yes, Mad Scientist is right. That was my first suggestion to my fiance.... to just take them out completely. However, she insists that I TRY to find a way to keep the boooom in the truck.

I spoke with her cardiologist and he doesn't understand why there is even an issue. I think it was mostly the setup of the subs. Relative to her proximity to the top sub magnet. I've been so busy lately that I haven't worked on the box in many weeks. All that's left, is to do whatever it is I'm going to do to help the shielding, put the top on, mount the connection terminal, re-cover it, and of course insert and hookup the subs.

Lessen the magnetism? - Page 2 -- posted image. Here's what it WAS like before I started chopping.

I'll check back later and maybe add the new finished pic, and tell you guys what I ended up doing.

Thanx,

J

~j~
bellsracer 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2007 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  

:: sigh ::

This isn't something to be taken lightly... I am not sure how sensitive the pacemakers are to magnetic fields, but all I can see left for a POSSIBLE solution would be to make a blow-through system with metal cone subs that have a relatively low draw. The key for this to keep the boom would be making a really well tuned box... I would contact someone with really good tuning software and build from there...

Beyond this, there isn't much more you can really do except some cutting and loading larger speakers. 8" square subs in a ported box could potentially bring some boom without building a large field. Try and find as sensitive speakers as you can to maximize output and minimize the field. cutting in 6x9s to assist in the boom will help with building big sound with the subs. Combine them with the paint, and you shouldn't have much of an issue with fields.

To help boost sound even further, use sealed-foam baffles on all the speakers. Recommend getting them from Crutchfield... They're fairly inexpensive but provide a lot of isolation to help "boost" sound; well, rather keep from destroying sound within the panels.

To minimize skinning effect, probably best to run the power wires on the passenger side and the signal wires on the driver's side.

Here I go again with going nuts with the design. But I guess it is ok with the hopes that it is to bring sound safely to everyone no matter their status.

I guess the key here would be smaller magnet's with higher sensitivity and proper isolation and control of sound. I wonder if a 6x9 can be ported as well >.<

Never send your ducks to eagle school.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.
The 3Ls of life: Learn from the Past, Live for the Present, Look to the Future.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic