icon

Wiring mobile video/DVD Tahoe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Meitech916 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2003 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Dont go to the fuse box!!!  Trust me.  Your best connection for power would be at the ignition harness (make sure you fuse it).  Ground it at chasis.
Mo-
Installer/MECP First Class
Ronald Mark 
Copper - Posts: 66
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 06, 2003 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, Lets see.  Three ignitions each passing power to seperate circuits.  Each circuit is then fused.
IgnitionPink Ignition Switch Harness 
Ignition 2White Ignition Switch Harness 
Ignition 3Brown Ignition Switch Harness 

So, if you install to the harness you will breach the integrity of the harness, but at the fuse is a plug in connection.  Using an add-a-circuit, you fuse the original,plus the new circuit.  Then each load is fused in parallel, not in series as you suggest.

I realize sometimes you must tap into the harenss, but if you don't have to why?  Usually when you tap you are feeding a circuit.  (such as a remote start) Anyone care to comment...

wacarguy 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 11, 2003 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
for your sound issue you can get an adapter from http://www.installer.com/aux/index.html part number GM9-AUX this will go between your stereo and the tape deck allowing you to keep the stock stereo. I put in a farenheit 10.4 monitor over head which came with a built in dome light for $589 on ebay it works good. I dont have rear controls but I do have a sun roof.
wacarguy 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: February 25, 2003 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a dvd system in my 02 tahoe I bought a wire harness that goes between the factory deck and the tape deck below. Now all the dvd sound is piped directly through the tape input with digital quality and not fm stereo quality.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic