icon

ABS light on Silverado

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wrxsti161 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 3:05 PM / IP Logged  
Installed Viper 160xv onto 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 diesel.  Threw an ABS light. Any clues??? I have done tons of silverados, and have never had this problem. I powered up both ig. wires, and only powered orange accessory.  I powered up brown one, and that did not turn the light off.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 
David
MECP Basic Installer Certification
Scott35 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 3:18 PM / IP Logged  
Have you tried turning off the light with a scanner tool?
Tacomacrew
wrxsti161 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
if i had one.  i tried disconnecting battery terminals. still didn't work. 
David
lsondubz 
Copper - Posts: 193
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Well If you made sure all ignition wires and accessory wires were powered, did you try DRIVING the truck down the street...I swear I had the same thing happen to me on an 03 Ford F350, Abs light wouldnt shut off, I drove the car down the street and it shut off...
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged  
wrxsti161,
What about turning the key to the ignition position and letting it sit for a bit to allow the computer to cycle itself. Personally, nothing ****** me off more than a light coming on when the work is done.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.ABS light on Silverado -- posted image.
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
I had the same thing happen the other day on an 06 3500 chevy as well. I was able to clear the code with a scanner but as soon as I started the truck the light would come on again. It didnt matter whether I started it with the key or the remote start. I called DEI tech support and they said that it is a known problem on the 06 with the allison transmission but that as of right now they do not know what causes the problem. Like you I powered up both accessory and ignition wires. The funny thing was that after we started the truck and moved it around our lot about five times the light just went out on its own and has never come back on.
soultinter 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged  
typical GM junk
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 9:41 PM / IP Logged  
Anytime you can't seem to get rid of a light on a gm just turn the ignition key on/off 8+ times. After a bunch of clean cycles with no fault detected that light will usually clear if no problem exists. As for your problem might want to try powering up the orange wire as a third ignition and see if that makes any difference. Also check to make sure neither of your ignitions are dropping out during crank.
Mike
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
let me guess, abs/brake lights on and DTC says "service brake system"
goes out when you drive the truck?
had 2 do it in the last two weeks, both vipers.
there;s something in the ign/acc timing causing it.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
wrxsti161 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 5:26 AM / IP Logged  
yes. ABS light is on, and the information center says service brake system.  So I called DEI, and they gave me the usual crap. power the brown accessory with a relay, and tap into (-) keysense. that didnt fix it.  I am going to drive the truck as soon as I get to work this morning. Thanks for the suggestions guys. 
David
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic