icon

Anyone run an audio ebay store

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparky593 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 2:09 AM / IP Logged  
wrong again ebay has a 100% replacement warranty that most of my guys offer for 29 bucks i get a 100% replace ment i also get depending on who i deal with 1yr sometimes 2 on alpine products?
dam i thought you said the cap was discharged
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 11:26 AM / IP Logged  
I was referring to the factory warranty, which costs no extra when purchased through an authorized dealer. Some places that sell online may offer their own replacement guarantee or warranty, but it is not factory. I've had more than one deal go sour trying to get an online seller to honor their claimed "warranty". I'm not here to stop you, just realize the risk is yours.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
So I've been looking around and started to look into dropshippers. Anyone have any experience with these. Once again I know that there is very little margin but ebay is more about volume.
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
i was checking out this site, www.doba.com
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 9:32 PM / IP Logged  
sparky593 wrote:
bottom line the audio market has marked up thier products to much for too long and now that we the consumers have other options its putting a hurt on them. i made about 5-600 bucks in side deals this month everything from amps to power cables. and i dont own my own bizz or have a tax id number.
They are not marking up products too much, they are selling them at prices so they can make enough to stay in business. Unfortunately a real business with a "tax id number" has more expenses then just some t-shirts that you've made up. Maybe you should take a minute to think about these things before you bash the stores prices.
And yeah good luck getting warranty out of some ebay sellers just because they say it doesn't mean you won't drive yourself crazy trying to get it. Shipping a sub to them and back you will most likely have to pay shipping boths ways and right there your out about $40. Add that the $29, and the $87, and the headache you have and maybe that shop down the street doesn't have such bad prices afterall.
Mike
sparky593 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 4:31 AM / IP Logged  
well sorry again to report you are wrong again. the 2 guys i deal with for subs dont charge me a dime for returned items and ive only had to return 1 item in 2yrs? and that was the usps fault not my guys. and i do plan to start a supposed real bizz in jan which would be a home based bizz. then i will cut all my local shops prices buy 40% and im sill making 100-150% profit because i have no over head. and i have gone to shops not to buy but check out their prices well...... they must all smoke the same crack. out of 4 shops who i hope to put under they charged either 10% under sometimes as much as 10-15% over sugg retail? its called suggested for a reason. bottom line nowyaknow you may run a decent shop but in my area its not that way. and in fact most of you that run a shop look for deals online too. so the bottom line if you could get it cheaper would you lower prices nope not at that would mean you could make more profit. as far as the t-shirt thing its made me plenty of money for doing nothing but wearing a shirt? no overhead ,free advertising. since i have got real vendors or dist why is it a a $29 sub has a suggested retail price of $ 119?
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 6:04 AM / IP Logged  
Them not charging you because USPS damaged something on delivery, is different then them not charging you to replace something a year later. Like I said some sellers it wouldn't be a problem, some it will be hell. Like other posters just trying to make it clear that buying from eBay does have different risks involved.
By the way what state are you from? In most cases technically you should be paying a Use Tax on these items you buy off ebay for yourself. If you are installing them for friends or customers or whatever, you should be charging them tax, and paying self employment tax on the income. In PA it's on anything over $400 so @ $600 you would owe them. Welcome to business.
Mike
NowYaKnow 
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 6:08 AM / IP Logged  
Fastlearner wrote:
So I've been looking around and started to look into dropshippers. Anyone have any experience with these. Once again I know that there is very little margin but ebay is more about volume.
Dropshipping can work just be sure you read all the ebay guidelines I THOUGHT they had certain rules for dropshipping. The dropshippers I've seen haven't been able to compare to ebay prices anyway, but I'm sure if you put the time in and look around for a while you may find one worthwhile. You have to be careful because you can't physically see the stock so you may sell something only to have them tell you they don't have it. It's tough because a lot of those ebay sellers ARE the distributors and dropshippers that you are looking for the best prices from.
Mike
sparky593 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
im in  fla nowyaknow, as far as ive been told if it was out of fla i didnt have to pay tax. within fla i did? i also heard the irs is trying to impose a tax no matter where you buy from. as far as the use tax im ignorant to that aspect but i have already called my lawyer so in jan i dont do anything to get my self in trouble he is going to send me a info packet on the ins and outs and laws of internet taxes and any type of other info i didnt know about. if i have to pay taxes i will Anyone run an audio ebay store - Page 2 -- posted image. at this time im not doing installs. imstill working 2 full time jobs. but i do have a shop that gives me great rates on testing everything i buy. every single thing i get gets tested period no ifs and ors about it. fast leaner i checked out your site and its ok. but i hate to say it you can do better else were but i dont know what you want to sell? and again as nowyaknow has said most of the dist are on ebay and i can tell you hes right.bottom line it took me about 1 year of going through the losers. fast learner this takes time and alot of patience.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic