icon

amplifiers?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
carstereonewb 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: November 15, 2006 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I bought a 1998 eclipse with a monster system (to my standards) in it already with 2 15s a rockford amp to power those that i am unsure of which one and then a four challel amp the http:///.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-OS-PUNCH-240-4-4CH-AMP_W0QQitemZ120051094793QQihZ002QQcategoryZ39744QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem amp which is rated at 20x4 at 4ohm and 40x4 at 2 ohm i also have an old civic with a kenwood KAC-8402 http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2493 in it which is rated
  • 60 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (90 watts x 4 at 2 ohms)
  • 180 watts RMS x 2 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
  • the car itself has RF 6x9s in rear RF 5 and a halfs in front door and RF 1 inch tweeters in dash... im not exactly sure which model because like i say i bought car like this. 

what i was wondering is if you guys think that if i mounted the kenwood amp under driver seat and used it to power rears or fronts (any advice on which would be better ) (i'd think rears because can't 6x9s handle more RMS power) and then change the RF 240.4 into a 2channel amp ...

also how difficult would this be for a first try at actual stereo work because ive researched it to death i  need to get my hands dirty ... there is already a second battery and i have a third one available to me if i need it (was also in civic) and there is already a cap but im not sure how many farads ... the rear battery voltage usually rests between 12.7 and 13.3 so i think powering the amp should be ok but would it be overkill for the seakers?  ...

thanks in advance for all the help and sorry about the rambling.

If the cars not shaking the radio's to quiet
    advanced_audio 
    Copper - Posts: 170
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: November 15, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
    I think your best bet would be exactly to find out whats all in there. That being said I would power the fronts with the amp instead of the rears because you would have a better staging, hope some of this helps but before you decide to play around with anything in that vehicle It would be helpful to know exactly whats going on. Especially the power of your subwoofer amp? What size fuses are in it? That could help in determining how powerful that amp on those 15s could be.
    advanced_audio 
    Copper - Posts: 170
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: November 15, 2006 at 10:56 AM / IP Logged  
    I think your best bet would be exactly to find out whats all in there. That being said I would power the fronts with the amp instead of the rears because you would have a better staging, hope some of this helps but before you decide to play around with anything in that vehicle It would be helpful to know exactly whats going on. Especially the power of your subwoofer amp? What size fuses are in it? That could help in determining how powerful that amp on those 15s could be.
    carstereonewb 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: November 15, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
    the sub amp is a RF 1000a2 i took facing off (only 4 screws) and i am thinking of just using the Kenwood alone since it is 90wx4 and the RF is only 40x4 so i think just changing amps would make a large difference and less hassle any suggestions???
    1lowgalant 
    Copper - Posts: 116
    Copper spacespace
    Posted: November 15, 2006 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
    depending on what the rms ratings of the speakers that are in there are, the amp already hooked up should be fine. you need to find out the specs on the speakers before you start adding more power, IMO.
    Whatever you do, DO NOT let the white smoke leak out of the wires.....
    aznboi3644 
    Gold - Posts: 2,600
    Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
    Posted: November 15, 2006 at 11:26 PM / IP Logged  
    Damn....nice amp
    carstereonewb 
    Member spacespace
    Posted: November 15, 2006 at 11:46 PM / IP Logged  
    well im pretty sure the speakers can hold it because i am friends with the sales man at the stereo shop where the original owner of the car got the equip and he reccommended jumping up to a more powerfull alpine amp but i just rememberded this amp is in another car and i'd like to get some more total volume bass and vocals but starting with what i can afford because system went from really loud to just loud and so i think i gotta juice it up a bit

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
    This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic