icon

2006 xterra R/S issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvorrius 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 3:36 AM / IP Logged  

I am working on a 2006 Nissan Xterra. It does not have any alarm system factory or aftermarket. I installed a DEI 561R remote with a 556U transponder module. The only way the vehicle will start remotely is with the key in the ignition. I used the spare key in the transponder box. The schematic does not say anything about a keysense wire in 2006. Did I overlook something?

Also, I cannot get the door locks to work. I read that this is a type B door lock system. What do I have to do special with this.

Thanks for any help I can get,

James 

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
How is the 556U wired?
asag20 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Hi , you will need the #2 starter, use the key sense,need 2 ignitions, & accessory, use the 556U, take your tach from the coil on the engine. you can get all ignition wires by the DKP,howeveryou only get the #2 STATER WIRE BY THE INGITION CYLINDER.LET ME KNOW HOW IT GOES.
ready to help others.
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
does not need keysense, does not need two ignitions car only has one ignition. does not need 2nd starter. locks are purple and green at bcm. or light blue and silver will do lock/arm and unlock/disarm with a negative pulse they are found in the kick close to the ignition mounted to the side. for the transponder i would check the module check the antenna loop. i do mostly new nissans all day long
hydroz_23 
Copper - Posts: 97
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 9:57 PM / IP Logged  
does not need keysense, does not need two ignitions car only has one ignition. does not need 2nd starter. locks are purple and green at bcm. or light blue and silver will do lock/arm and unlock/disarm with a negative pulse they are found in the kick close to the ignition harness mounted to the side. for the transponder i would check the module check the antenna loop. i do mostly new nissans all day long
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
does the cra rs when you place the key in the cylinder?
if it does then you know 100% it ids the bypass
Cruisin Security And Sounds
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 11:00 PM / IP Logged  
thats not true maybe he doesnt have the ignition powered properly.....perhaps his tach isnt correct? just because a meter measures ac voltage doesnt mean that if you switch to dc it wont show voltage....mistakes like this have been made....
jvorrius 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 3:11 PM / IP Logged  

yes, the vehicle does remote start with key in ignition.

When I connected the bypass antenna. I cut off the round loop and cut it into the factory antenna wire around the cylinder.

Thanks for all of your help

James

CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  
When I connected the bypass antenna. I cut off the round loop and cut it into the factory antenna wire around the cylinder.
Thanks for all of your help
ummm, I dont think that works with the nissan. put loop back on and wrap arround cylinder.           
Oh and snotdobbs just a little comeback for you - if he places the key in the ign. w/o turning it and his keysense wire is correctly hooked up and the car starts fine but doesnt with key out of ign, then no what you said is wrong. its impossible that his problem is an ign wire?? Tach?? that has nothing to do with the chip that is in the key.
Cruisin Security And Sounds
jvorrius 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged  

I just want to thank everyone for all of their help. The unit works great now.

James

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic