icon

Opinions about refurbished HU's?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quick94gt 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 3:03 PM / IP Logged  
  I was thinking about getting a Pioneer DEH-P860MP or DEH-P880PRS but you can only really fint the 860 refurbished and thats the one i really want because of the graphics, well what are your opinions??? it says it refurbished by pioneer and looks new with all included accesories
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

IMO It may look tempting but I personally wouldn't have anything to do with it. Even if its "factory refurbished" I still wouldn't.

Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Factory refurbished is practically good as new.  They are fully tested before being shipped out, most of them are just returns with nothing wrong with them.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged  
Very true they are fully tested in which it takes a few minutes to verify it works then you get it and it dies 2 weeks later. I have seen this happen many times. We had a contract from a box store in which they sold a lot of factory reman equipment, after 6 months of dealing with wized off customers that had this stuff installed and had it die we did everything in our power to get out of the contract. I am not talking about 1 or 2 things crapping out either right away or weeks after installed this happened lots and who always gets blamed the install shop not the retailer selling a refurb. left overs. Its a gamble take it or leave it.
snhtown 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
well i have good experiance with my refurbished hu....i got me a refurbished pioneer dehp3300 back around 2002, it went from my car to my brothers car back to my car up until last year when i took it out because i sold the car....i never had any problems with it, in fact it was one of my best hu's i ever used.....refurbished imo is just as good as new...but cheaper...look into warrentys with it.....the only other refurbished car audio thing i got was a ppi art amp way back in 1997 i used it off and on over these years i havent had any probelsm with it either....just wanted to share my experinance :)
kicker guy 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 16, 2006 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
Well yes they are tested and all that crap but IMO it probably died once and i am not taking a chance that it could happen again... most referbs don't come with the same warrenty atleast if a new one dies you get a new one to replace it
kymadan 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
IMO, I agree with a lot that has been said. If it is a radio I really want, I would probably get it. But it is a gamble! I would absolutely try to get any warranty I can get.... "In writing! Or typed, whatever.".... from the factory. I agree that a lot of them are returns with nothing wrong, but there are some lemons. It depends on if your willing to take the chance. Like snhtown, it might be the best one you have had, or it could be a mistake. If it what you truly want, I would go for it, just try to play it safe and see if it comes with any type of warranty.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 7:15 PM / IP Logged  
Get one for yourself....all it will do is save you some cashola. But, I would not use them to make a buck. The risk is too high to be wizin off a customer.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic