icon

need a good system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wible22 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: November 17, 2006 at 11:44 PM / IP Logged  
hey everyone i have a grand to spend and i just bought an alarm and found out that my cd player was still under warenty plus my buddy gave me his old audiobann door speakers so all i need is subs, amps, and 6x9's. i was looking at 2 eclipse 12's and some hifonics amps to power them its from one of the local shops here in marion the subs are 339.99 plus tax and i can get 2 amps for 400.00 plus tax. the amps are 750x1 rms and the subs are 1500 watts so i dnk let me know what you guys think
wible
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
eclipse are REALLY NICE SUBS, everything eclipse makes is awsome. what are you looking for, sound quality or SPL? tcsounds is an OEM company that makes the eclipse subs. well just re-read your post and its from a local shop lol, (kinda late here), since its YOU that will be in the car the most, pick which ever sounds the best to YOU. its your ears so give them what they like.
1lowgalant 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
what line of eclipse are they? is that 1500w peak or rms? 750w peak or rms on the amps? you never really want to go by the max ratings, only the rms. but i do agree, go listen to a few different set ups and go with what you like the best.
Whatever you do, DO NOT let the white smoke leak out of the wires.....
wible22 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 9:59 AM / IP Logged  
the amps are 750x1 rms like i said and the subs are 1500 max the model is sw7200 i think my buddy at wireless and more (local shop) said they would hit really hard and sound good with those amps so yea let me know
wible
wible22 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 10:04 AM / IP Logged  
ohh yea and im wanting both sq and spl. i dont just want pounding bass i want to here the words you know. but i do want massive bass and the highs to sound just as good. i was also thinking about buying bullet tweeters to hang on my a pillars for the highs but i dnk yet.
wible
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
Here's what I'd do.  Assuming your local dealer is an authorized dealer, buy the Eclipse subs (if that price includes a proper enclosure it is a good deal.)  Buy only one of the amps, it's all you'll need.  DUMP the Audiobahhumbug speakers and get a nice set of Eclipse components into your front doors with a good quality stereo amp to drive them, like maybe an Eclipse EA2000.  Don't worry about the "6X9's" which I assume are your rear deck speakers.  Dump the factory crap that may be there now.  Do not put bullet tweeters in your A-pillars unless you want ear-bleeding sharp highs piercing your ear drums and you don't give a crap about SQ.  Good front components will give you all you need in the high-end category.  Installation and setup and you should be under a grand with a little cash left over for a happy meal.
Support the12volt.com
1lowgalant 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

lol @ audiobahhumbug.

please don't mount any bullet tweeters on your a pillars.need a good system -- posted image. i wish i had a dime for every car around my town with those horrible sounding things in there.

Whatever you do, DO NOT let the white smoke leak out of the wires.....
djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 4:53 AM / IP Logged  

I agree and I would say good choice on the amps... I carry hifonics and love them.... worth every penny all 300 thousand of them...lol

I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!
killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  

[QUOTE=DYohn]Do not put bullet tweeters in your A-pillars unless you want ear-bleeding sharp highs piercing your ear drums and you don't give a crap about SQ. QUOTE]

Im not sure what you mean by bullet tweeters, but saying that tweets in the A-pillar are bad for SQ is not a true statement. atleast not a lot of the time. It really depends one the tweeter. My focal tn-47 tweets sound best at my a-pillar reflecting off the oppisite side of the windshield glass. Ive tried them in the kicks, a-pillars, and the sails on the doors and the a-pillars have sounded best in my application. it also promotes a higher soundstage. Best thing for anyone to do with tweets is to use doublesided sticky tape and place them in the different areas of the vehicle you would like to mount them and find out what sounds best to you in your vehicle. every situation is different.

djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 6:50 AM / IP Logged  
Bullet tweeters are way to big personally for any car install.... Silk dome is the way too go...  I am trying to figure out how  killer sonota   doesnt know what bullet tweeters are....
I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic