icon

2000 dodge intrepid remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dbell34 
Member - Posts: 47
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 1:58 PM / IP Logged  
i'am installing a carvox alarm/remote start that i bought from ebay i have everything working but the remote start.  It came with a remote start relay pack that has 2 ignition wires, but when i hook every thing up it still won't start.  does anyone have any idea what i might be missing because i thought with it having 2 ignition wires i could just hook them up without a second relay.  I've been at it for days.  HELP NEEDED
fox55 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  

You have to power alot more than that for a remote start system to work, in the right order, and with some sort of timer. That vehicle has an immobilizer as well so you'll need the bypass for that sentry key system. DEI part #555CW. Most likely you'll have to power the starter, first ignition, second ignition, first accessory, and second accessory not to mention wiring all the safety features correctly. Good luck 2000 dodge intrepid remote start -- posted image.

MECP Certified
Fry's Electronics MEI - Anaheim, Ca
"Kneel Before Zod"
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 5:41 PM / IP Logged  
i know that everything has to be powered and it is like i said the rs is the only thing that doesn't work.  I don't need a bypass because i dont have a sentry key.
CruisinS&S 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
how do you know you have no chip? if the key is grey then you do, blk you don't. Do you have r/s experience? push button to r/s put key in ign turn to acc. if doesnt work, turn to ign. If any of these work then you DID NOT hook up the correct wires. if it still does not work......well no it would have to work with the key in the ign or else you have the wrong starter wire or r/s unit is bad (which is 99.9% NOT the problem)
Cruisin Security And Sounds
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
i have a blk key, yes i hooked up a bulldog rs to a 99 intrepid with no problem, but i can't figure this one out. I will try what you said, but if it does work what should i look for?
CruisinS&S 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  
if t does start with key in acc position, then double check your acc wire. (there are 2) here ill make it even easier. Make sure you have it connected as per this info:
12volts...........pink/black or red
Starter...........yellow       
Ignition..........dk. blue/white
Second Ignition...GREEN/ red   
Accessory.........BLACK/ orange   
Second Accessory..BLACK/ white      
let me know what happens
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 6:14 PM / IP Logged  
do both acc wire have to be connected for rs to operate?
CruisinS&S 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 6:19 PM / IP Logged  
yes!!!! jump the one acc wire you did not hook up to power and then r/s. If that works use a 6 amp diode so that the blk/org and blk/white are not connected. Use a good r/s next time: DEI or Audiovox (prestige)They will give you the option for 2 acc. wires. Try not to listen to the other people on this site and use units like omega or bulldog. The real pros will not use those systems! Let me know if its working!
dbell34 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
so just connect the unconnected wire to 12v constant and if that works, what wires do i put the diode between?
CruisinS&S 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 18, 2006 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
what color is the acc wire from the bulldog unit? whatever it is (lets use org as ex.) take org wire and connect 2 diodes to it both bands facing away from wire. Then put one diode onto the blk/org and one on the blk/white. The end result is you have the org. wire split with 2 diodes one goes to one acc in car, one goes to the other. If the diodes are unavailable at the time you can get away with just hooking up the org. wire straight to blk/org then splice it into the blk/wht. good luck....tell us if this is the prob.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic