icon

audiovox cl100, 2007 camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
installer987 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 9:35 AM / IP Logged  

thanks chrisluongo, i was thinking it might be possible to wire up a key fob.  This shouldn't be really hard to do actually.  I just have to figure out the electronics/switch to do it.  For the timer type thingy, what can i search on for this?  I've been searching around in a few electronics forums but don't know the terminology to research it more.  Is there something specific something like this would be called?

installer987 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  

i'm also trying to find the best deal on one of these online.  can someone explain to me who actually makes them, or are they repackaged under several brands.  i've seen "code alarm", "audiovox" and "prestige".  are these all the same unit?

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I'm not really awake enough right now to give a lot of thought to the timer...... but you could start by looking into the PAC TR-7.
Audiovox sells security products under the following brands: Audiovox, Pursuit, Prestige, and Code Alarm. (They used to have Rampage-brand alarms, but not any more.)
So, I think whatever name you see associated with the CL100, they're going to all be the same.
You know that the CL stands for CarLink, right? There is also a Pursuit PT100 (for PursuiTrak), which I think is the same as the CL100, but I'm not entirely sure.
As far as where to get a good price, there was a flood of them on eBay a while back, but I don't know about right now.
installer987 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 5:06 PM / IP Logged  
The PAC tr-7 looks like a cool little piece of equipment.  thanks for the pointer.  is this unit only a single channel though?  i mean if I wanted it wired upto the keyfob for the remote start and one for say the lock button(for example) would I need 2 seperate PAC TR-7's or is the unit advanced enough to do more than one channel of switching?
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 12:10 AM / IP Logged  
I can answer some of your Q's on the CL. I have had one on my personal vehicle for just about a year, as far as service, sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. As posted audiovox contracts this service through a private company and they dont have very good service, after talking with these guys on the phone they dont sound the brightest. the CL includes lifetime activation and service, HOWEVER the new model that just came out replaces the CL and no longer includes lifetime activation, it is now 3 year with no answer even from audiovox themselves how much monthly fees will be after the 3 years. supposedly if you have the CL model you will still be entitled to the lifetime service.
I.m.h.o i think your going to spend more time and money trying to make this work with your factory system compared to just buying an audiovox 686 remote start/keyeless entry and a CL100 and being done and you know it will work together the way it was designed.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic