icon

shallow mount subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rehoredneck11 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 8:20 PM / IP Logged  
I drive a standard cab z71 and i have a 1000 watt class D ..... I need two quality shallow mounts that can handle the power .... does anyone know of any???
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  

A REAL 1000 watts will kill any of the shallow mount subs out there.. Understand, these subs are designed to solve the problem of no space...they do not solve the problem of no bass.

Earthquake, Pioneer, and Blaupunkt are a couple of manufactures.

rehoredneck11 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 19, 2006 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
then do you have any idea what can fit in this box and hold a total of 1000 ..... truck box option 1 or i could go with an extended cab box they are made a little bit deeper and i could shave the excess i don't need heres a pic option 2
xtremeimage 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
crittical mass is a company out of new yourk, it is up and comming, they have shallow wave subs that are 1200 RMS and 2500 max i beleive , i seen these subs at the ces show last year in a hummer. they had them mounted in the ceiling . they are very impressive in small boxes
maliboom 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
For a standard cab full size truck you don't have to go with shallow mount subs. Many subs on the market will fit in an enclosure behind the bench seat. 2 - 10" or 12" subs would work fine for your application, just find out how much room you have with your seat in its normal seating position. Once you measure it go to a local shop and see what they have that will fit those specs. I hope this helps.
djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 1:32 AM / IP Logged  
Power acoustik makes a shallow mount sub thaty sounds really really well.. Alot of peple dont trust or wont try shallow mount but trust me if space is a concern these babys not only hit but are only a few inches deep...
I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic