icon

RE Audio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
blackmica3 
Copper - Posts: 128
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  

Need opinions. Recently traded my Mazda 3 for an Element SC. I'm going for show and function. How are the new RE subs? I'm possibly going with four 10" RE in a common chambered vented enclosure. Looking at possibly using US Amps AX1000DE at 1ohm mono or the AX2000de at 1ohm mono. And I am looking at adding either a JL Cleansweep or Rockford 3 sixty.1 because I'm keeping the factory headunit for the XM and IPod hookup. All the mids and highs would be replaced with RE and adding 1 four channel for mids and highs. Any advice?

Future plans are 15" flipdown, DVD, Playstation 2, 7" screen fabricated on passenger side, and 20" wheels.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 20, 2006 at 9:59 PM / IP Logged  
I would go with (2) of the SX line over 4 of the re line.    I have been very happy with the RE subs I have had a chance to play with, and all thier product is top notch.
Also there is FI audio now, much like the RE's but with even more options for your woofers
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
I hit 148.7 last week with my Eight RE-12"s....I love those things, and for the price, you cant beat em...
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 12:54 PM / IP Logged  
I am just not a fan of multiple woofers, unles it come to my competition vehicle when then it is an absolute must.
I have had very good luck this year with working with many street setups that were capable of into the mid 140's
144-146db with one woofer, and was a completly streetable setup.
I used to love the shock and awe of have 3,4, or even 10 woofers   but I have gone my new directin for street vehicles
It comes to a matter of oponion here, and if you can power all the woofers and give them the proper box, then go for it.
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  
Im totally with you on the one driver setups. I love to be able to punch out massive numbers with a single 12" or 15" and still have decent SQ for a daily driver.
The only reason I went with eight woofers is because the only way a box would work in my car, is to build it where the back seats are, so I decided that if im going to go all out on a custom back seat enclosure, might as well complete the "wow" factor with eight 12"s...
I dont really have much on the SQ side thoughRE Audio -- posted image.
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 2:48 AM / IP Logged  
I started carrying RE audio about 6 months ago and have installed more than about 3 dozen setups using there subs and componants I am very very very pleased... best product I have heard in a while very great for every thing... sq and spl....
I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!
djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2006 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
I forgot to say this in the last post... I recently redid my explorer and used an RE Audio xxx series 18"... and all I have to say is OHHHH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the SPL out of one sub is incredible and the lows it produces is beyond words... the quality is something I can never get rid of now....
I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic