icon

’03 park ave. drivers door module problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 7:12 PM / IP Logged  
Alright I've done TONS of GM's where I had to run wires into the drivers door to interface with the negative lock wires at the switch and grab the disarm wire. TODAY i had an 03' buick park ave. roll in and everything was going fine, got all my wires tagged and then got ready to install my sytem, just to find out that the door locks stopped working, windows wouldnt work, and power mirrors were down as well (this all happened BEFORE i installed anything) I checked all my fuses in the vehicle, made sure i had power at the driver door module, and obviously made sure nothing was unplugged in the vehicle. I called audiovox tech and explained what happened, the tech said if i had the ignition turned on while i unplugged the harness going to the door module i may of fried it, well it turns out that i did have the ignition on while i unplugged the harness running from the door to the doorpanel so i could get the door panel out of the way. Has anyone encountered a problem like this while unplugging the harness? oh and by the way, a new module is $240 from buick, should have it tomorrow, happy tuesday to me.
and yes i know i should of used a module to avoid running wires into the door, i didnt have one on hand so i had to resort to running wires in the door.
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 11:41 PM / IP Logged  
Usually you can open up those factory door modules look for a burnt trace on the board and solder a jumper wire. Save yourself $240.  I seriously doubt that the module burnt because you unplugged it while th ignition was on.   You probably just probed the wrong wire with your test light
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  
no burnt traces either, already checked that.
guarantee didnt probe wrong wires, ORANGE / black RED / black at switch like every other gm
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  

I've had these things quit workin' on me as well. It usually just takes plugging in and unplugging the switch a couple of times. worst one I had i disconnected negative battery post and let it sit, then it would reset. hope this helps.

My rifle is my friend...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic