Remote Start in Chevy Avalanche

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
smallbody_rider 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

I have a problem and a question.

1 Have any of guy's ever installed the GMLR in a chevy or is it better to try and find the GMSL?

2. At this time I have the 457GW and it works however whenin remote start at night with the auto light feature the headlights flash and during the day the parklights flash properly. The problem is when I arm my truck the remote chirps at me saying a door is open, the CC installer says it's due to the dimming lights inside after the doors lock. He also told me I needed the GMLR in order to get the puddle lights to work light the factory alarm does when disarming or arming.  Shouldn't this work properly if the factory arm/disarm is hooked up.

Thanks,

Mitchell

smallbody
topper 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 21, 2006 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of alarm are you using? You will want to progam door bypass featue of your alarm. Easy to do on DEI  and Audivox product. 561-315-7053   Don
customak47 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  
If I were you I would use a www.bypasskit.com part number xk01 antitheft and doorlock interface. All you have to do is wire up a relay to power the brown accessory wire and when you lock your doors, hit lock again and it will roll your windows up AUTOMATICALLY! Through the data wire. check it out.
My rifle is my friend...
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
Customak...
I just checked out the XK01 and I see no mention of comfort closure options. Is there a more extensive resource for the bypasskit.com modules? Their site and their manuals are very confusing at times. I have installed a dozen or so of their modules, and now I will use theirs above any other makes out there.
Thanks
smallbody_rider 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 22, 2006 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
The alarm that I just had installed is the new viper 5900sst.
smallbody

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic