icon

remote start, 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BobWas 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing a NuStart CM4200 remote start into a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE and can't locate the tach wire to get a tach signal . I have a 791 transponder kit to get past the Passlock II system. The car will make 3 attempts to start when I activate the remote, but won't start. turn the key and it starts.

Wring diagrams point to a white wire by the ECM, other diagrams say a PURPLE / white at the ECM. I even tried the PURPLE / white wire at the power pack coils. No signal. Any ideas?

Bob
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Use the white wire at the coil pack on the back of the motor. You will probably have to program the remote starter to accept the tach signal.
sparky
BobWas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 23, 2006 at 10:28 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks, will try tomorrow.

Bob
BobWas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  

Found tach wire and remote has acepted as tach wire.. one flash of park lights.

However, when I hit remote button to start, motor rolls over but will not fire. Turn the key on and it runs. Remote makes 3 attempts to start, but still won't start.

Bob
BobWas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:00 PM / IP Logged  

I'm installing a NuStart CM4200 remote start into a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE  with an Automatic trans. I have a 791 transponder kit to get past the Passlock II system. The car will make 3 attempts to start when I activate the remote, but won't start. Turn the key on and it starts.

I have gone through the wiring and the only thing I'm unsure of is Connector #2  Pin #5 (Orange) is a rearm wire and I hooked it to a Lite GREEN/ Black (Dome light supervision) wire. Is this correct?

Also on Connector # 2 Pin #6 (ORANGE / white) it is a Disarm wire. I didn't hook it to anything. Should it be hood to something?

Also on Connector #3 Pin # 5 (RED / White (-) and 6 (Red (+) are shown as Door Trigger Input. Should they be hooked to any wire as this is an Automatic trans?

Appreciate any help as I got stumped on this car as to why it won't start on remote.

Bob
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure that you have both ignition wires powered up (Pink and Dark Green) The other wires aren't required and won't prevent it from starting. I am not sure what you mean by a 791 transponder kit. The car has Passlock II so make sure that your interface is designed for this and not a transponder system.
sparky
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 8:07 AM / IP Logged  
That car is actually a passkey III. Just did exact car saturday. Not sure what the 791 bypass is either but there are several option to bypassing the pass key III. Double check all you connections and make sure your ignitions are powered both of em.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  

Man I am worng just noticed grand am, my bad remote start, 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE -- posted image.. has pass II....

BobWas 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

By saying that it is a Passlock III sysytem, does that mean that I have to wrap wire around the ignition switch? I don't have a key with a chip in it- just plain jane get a key cut at Home Depot system.

My car has the factory alarm system with no remote control, just the flashing light in the radio when it is armed by clicking the door lock 3 times.

The 791 Bypass Module (I have been calling it a 791 Transpnder) has 2 wires that hook to the small Yellow and Black wire of the back of the switch.

Bob
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
Like the guys said, check both your ign wires, I don't have anything listed for disarm on that car [might do it on unlock or keysense] I too, am not framiliar with your bypass, but when you try to rs the car, look for something flashig rapidly.. theft light, or whatever, that wil tell you if it's passlock or the RS unit.. your door triggers probably don't have to be hooked up or the rearm and disarm wires.. the car should still start...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic