icon

CA 670 problems, 95 Chevy c1500

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crazychrisb 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  
I installed my alarm system this week and have had some trouble programming it. It is a CA-670 and it has just started acting funny and im not sure if its my programming or not.
1. My alarm no longer sounds when you arm or disarm it. This started after i left the feauture bank programming menus, but it did sound about two times and then since the third time it has not worked.
2. Also i have notice that it doesnt emit any sound when you use the car finder feature, just clicking 5 times from the brain unit.
3. It will not let me enter the feature banks anymore.
but lastly i know the horn and siren are attached because when you arm it (and the only noise it makes is the locks moving) if i open the door with my key the alarm goes off and the panic feature works fine also...im lost
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 2:15 PM / IP Logged  

It definatly seems like a programming "quirk" if all else is working. I would look in the manual for a way to put everything in programming back to thier "default" settings, and start over.

You can also see if a "reset" might help. Unplug the main power harness from the brain (or disconnect the battery) and wait a few minutes. Plug it back in and try again, I have seen this procedure cure quirks in the past.

If nothing works you need to figure out why it won't let you enter the features bank anymore. It might be a bad ignition connection, switch...trigger etc...check all the things that need to be connected for entering programming with a meter AT the brain itself..I find with problems it is almost always the most simplist things overlooked.

Good Luck

crazychrisb 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 4:27 PM / IP Logged  
well i disconnected my battery and my alarm unit itself for about 30 min and that did not reset it. It still will not let me enter the feature banks yet every wire connection is good. any other ideas?
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  

The only logical thing I can "guess" as i have not used CA products in years is this..

First..what needs to be performed to enter the features bank?  Does a door need to be open? does the ignition need to be on?  does a switch or button need to be pressed?

Use a meter to verify that any or all of what needs to be done to enter the bank is reaching the harness AT the brain of the system.

If all is good and the reset didn't work a defective brain is suspected.

campinout 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
the last ca-670 i installed included a cs9492a shock sensor. the added instructions said to turn the on-board shock sensors all the way down, and then up one notch only and then to add the new shock sensor. all the falsing and acting up was gone.
Old School Funkster
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2006 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  
the problem is the arm/disarm and car finder sound is gone and the system will not enter into the programming (features) bank. I don't think this has anything to do with the shock sensor.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic