icon

Car audio it self

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
nigelk 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 2:10 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, Im new to the forum, but love the website and how much information it has on car audio. I was just curious if there was some sort of website for someone who's new at audio to read up on with less complicated sense.

Thank you.

advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
This is a great resource for learning the basics. On the left hand side of this page, there is a great list of information! Plus this is the best forum out there if you have a questions. NO other forum can compare to this one when it comes to detailed, intelligent and precise car audio help. Enjoy and welcome.
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 2:33 PM / IP Logged  

I don't know what specifically you wish you learn about regarding car audio. On the left side of this page you can scroll to "car audio" and click on the links. If there is something more specific let us know, we are here to help and teach.

By requesting "less complicated" is this to do with installation, specs, wiring or choosing equipment? There is alot to learn in this field and new technologies and vehicle systems changing all the time, kinda makes a starting point difficult.

If you are thinking of installing stuff for yourself, or perhaps a carrer in the field you want to get familar with basic electronics, meter use and simple circuits and relays. Then read up on tools, safety, fusing, batteries. after that learn about speakers and amplifier specs, enclosure types and specs and setting gains/cross over points..this will go along with basic/advanced audio theory as well. If you go to the MECP website it will give you info to order a study guide and prepare for certification. The study guides covers the basics of all I mentioned and more so it's a good starting point as well as what you can learn here and from other sources.

Although passing the basic certification test does not make you a professional installer per say, it does gauge your ability to understand the principles of a safe and proper install..and it might help you land you first job as well.

advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 2:56 PM / IP Logged  
The MECP study guide is also a great learning tool even if you don't plan to take the test there is alot of informaion on the basic of mobile electronics as well. Also you could try googling "car audio basics" as see what comes up as well.
cloak559 
Copper - Posts: 215
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 3:02 PM / IP Logged  
This website should teach you everything you need to know... www.bcae1.com
'89 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Pioneer DEH-5900UB
(2)RE Audio SX 10"s
(1)US Amps MD3D
3ft^3 @ 37Hz
Blowing up in a car accident doesnt worry me, as long as I'm putting out some major dB's when I die...
kicker guy 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
I would also say read the stickys on the top of the page... every single one has very good information
maliboom 
Copper - Posts: 111
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  

This is one of the best places to be, for many reasons.

1. There are always people here to answer your questions. Over 200,000 if i'm not mistaken.

2. The people on this sight are very knowledgeable and helpfull.

3. You won't get cut up for any kind of questions, even the ones on the basics.

4. The people that respond to you are talking out of experience, not guesswork.

5. This sight has extensive reading to educate everyone from novice to pro.

6.Everyone here will give critisizm when needed and not bash any ideas givin.

7. This sight gives info on all electrical aspects, not just stereos.

did I mention the people here?lol. I have been on this sight for two years and just became a member and its a great place to be if you want to learn.

Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  

cloak559 wrote:
This website should teach you everything you need to know... www.bcae1.com

I second that recommendation.  It has great interactive elements that help the novice understand the most advanced concepts.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic