icon

2 Shaft Radios ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hzemall 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone got some NIB twin shaft radios in stock or anyone know of anything ?
Tim Baillie
Installer/Designer/Fabricator
Certified Autosound & Security
master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2006 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  

Those are getting hard to find. there is one on this site for about 32 bucks...http://www.autotoys.com/x/cust/home.php?cat=347

its the "DUAL" about 3 spots down

or if you have time do a web search for "casette players for car" and I am you can still find some out there.

advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 1:42 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.gardenofspeedin.com/ The cool thing about this place is that the radios have pre outs. So in other words they are still shaft radios but with a modern upbringing. They even have the factory look to them2 Shaft Radios ? - Last Post -- posted image.
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 3:41 PM / IP Logged  
Yep, if you look around you can find anything. The dual I posted is a cheapy but it also has pre-outs and an aux input on the front..you could play an ipod through it..for 32 bucks.
hzemall 
Copper - Posts: 55
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 4:01 PM / IP Logged  
Should have explained more. We do alot of muscle cars here so I am looking for old school 2 shafts that are new or good shape.
Not looking for the new crap from DUAL or Custom Autosound (real crap)
Sorry
Tim Baillie
Installer/Designer/Fabricator
Certified Autosound & Security
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 4:52 PM / IP Logged  

Ok hzemall, now we understand.

I have restored about 20 muscle cars but I don't do concours, museum pieces, trailor queens or auction whores. I perform more of a "retro" resto and do old school performance/cosmetic mods and updated electrical and sound/security systems

Now if you are looking for NIB shaft radios for these muscle cars original..forget it..no one makes those But I have seen in the "Year One" catalogs and those types of publications "rebuilt and restored" units. But even just an AM is very expensive. What I did in the last GTO ragtop I built was leave the factory AM and used an underdash housing to install a cd player. I made some lightwieght fiberglass enclosures that fit in the rear fender (4 -10''), speakers in the stock rear location, and hid some 6.5'' behind the factory vents in the kicks. all this required no visible or permanent mods or cutting and could be removed with no trace if required.

But as far as I know and I usually look into everything there are no NOS radios availible for older cars..you might have some luck on ebay or antique/collectable junk yards that specialize but chances are the radios don't work and need alot of cosmetic work as well. I have heard there is someone who restores them and upgrades the guts so it will have AM/FM and even control a changer but these again are very expensive and not 100% original.

Best of luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic