icon

critique my setup

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
afplayboy18 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 6:10 AM / IP Logged  

it seems after countless attempts of putting together a system i have come up with want i want to get.

if you can please critique it and give me any feedback you can, also other suggestions would be great:

Sony CD MP3 Player CDX-GT805DX

FI Car Audio Q12 Subwoofer 1000W RMS

NEW 06 HIFONICS ZXI3406 4 CHANNEL AMP 300W

BRAND NEW INFINITY 63.7I (3-WAY SPEAKERS)

New HIFONICS BX1605D Car Amp Mono ch 1600w Class D

obviously the BX1605D is for the Q12 and the ZXI3406 is for the infinity speakers.

if i have it correct then the ZXI3406 gives out 75W @ 2 ohms x 4 which will supply all 4 infinity speakers when i get the other pair.  im only getting one pair of 6.5 right now because im not 100% whats in the door and i cant go out and look as you can tell by my location...lol.

the BX1605D should have no problem powering the Q12 and i can even turn it down to around 800 or 900rms just so im not coming close to max out the amp...is this good thinking?

any help, criticize, suggestions would help

John

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like Ebay listings.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
sounds like it will be fantastic i hope you enjoy your new equipment buddy
advanced_audio 
Copper - Posts: 170
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 1:36 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds good, hifonics or sony wouldn't be my first choice, but really all that matters is that you like it. Good luck with the install, post questions if you need help.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 1:57 PM / IP Logged  
A good speaker like a FI powered by a flea market amp like Hifonics? Friends don't let friends buy Sony.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 3:20 PM / IP Logged  
Sounds like an ok setup...But I wouldnt suggest Sony.
I like the Fi subwoofer...and the Infinity speakers.
Hifonics is decent power for the money...but this amp would be really nice for that sub.
http://www.eclipse-web.com/amp/da7232.html
If your sending clean power it can handle more than its rated for...like jeff here sending 2000+ watts to a poor little 10 inch L7...
this amp and wired at 2 ohms per channel...it'd be pretty BALLA!!!
snhtown 
Copper - Posts: 178
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
I wouldnt go anywhere near hifonics....i purchased a brutus 1500d a while back for my kappa perfects....they didnt slam at all, so i made a differnt enclouser, still no improvment.  so i picked up a pair of L7's, still not a big differnce (of corse i built a box for L7's) so i picked up a kicker amp 950 watts vs hifonics 1500 21ohm, and the subs slamed, pecaeful calm day vs tornado kind of differnce....i would definitly reconsider a differnt amp. you will pay more but im sure you dont want to go though the crap i did, just to save $100
afplayboy18 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 10:11 PM / IP Logged  

i heard nothing but good things about hifonics until this thread...no problem, i'll start looking for something else starting with the eclipse amp, then kicker, then so on and so forth.

back to the drawing board it seems...what other kind of decks are out there that are good buys?  ive had sony before and never had a problem...i even had sony subs and sony amps...lol.  yes it wasnt the cleanest but it still hit hard.

good job guys...this is what i was looking for.

afplayboy18 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  

are massive audio amps worth the money...namely the massive audio ca100 or ca200?

other amps im looking at are these:

Boston Acoustics GT-28 - 2 channel

Kicker ZX1500.1

JL Audio A1800

MEMPHIS 16-MC1500D

supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
snhtown wrote:
I wouldnt go anywhere near hifonics....i purchased a brutus 1500d a while back for my kappa perfects....they didnt slam at all, so i made a differnt enclouser, still no improvment.  so i picked up a pair of L7's, still not a big differnce (of corse i built a box for L7's) so i picked up a kicker amp 950 watts vs hifonics 1500 21ohm, and the subs slamed, pecaeful calm day vs tornado kind of differnce....i would definitly reconsider a differnt amp. you will pay more but im sure you dont want to go though the crap i did, just to save $100
                                                   I'm using a Hifonics 2200d with 2 Fosgate 15's and they sound great. It took a while tuning the amp (it sounded terrible at the start and I thought I had messed up too) but after I got everything lined out i love it.
'85 Toy
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic