icon

Kenwood KDC-MP332, 05 Dodge Dakota

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
huskrthill 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 2:42 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought a Kenwood KDC-MP332 head unit and I'm having some difficulty. I have connected the wires to the harness, but the stereo still does not work. There are some extra wires on the aftermarket harness that I don't know what to do with:
1. Orange w/ white stripe (dimmer)
2. Extra Yellow (12V+ Battery constant)
3. Extra Black (Chassis Ground 12V-
4. Blue w/ white stripe (Ant Turn-On 12V+)
I'm at a loss. On the Kenwood harness there is:
1. Dark Blue w/ white stripe that has a sticker (P CONT)
2. Dark Blue with a sticker (ANT CONT)
The unit will accept a CD and eject a CD, but it does not play the disc nor does the display or radio work.
Hope you guys can help!
-Andy
xtremeimage 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

usally the xtra power wire is for something important, so connect it to the constant power,

the black must be grounded, the extra blue wire i found out has something to do with the sound, connect it to the power antenna wire and see if that works, if it doesnt , try putting it to the acc wire, usally red.

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 12:24 AM / IP Logged  

The 2 yellows should both be connected to the yellow of the kenwood harness..same with both the blacks (ground)

The ORANGE / white illumination wire is not needed unless the kenwood has an illumination wire..it will be the same color if it has it..if not tape that wire off because it will have power when you turn the lights on and will blow a fuse if it touches any metal.

The power antenna wire will go to the amp remote turn on if the truck has an amp..otherwise you don't need it..but ..heres the problem....

The red wire which is accessory, is the one that will turn on the deck and display. If you look carefully at the harness for the vehicle you will see there is actually no wire there...the new dodges are data..they do not have an accy at the dash harness.....

no problem....extend the red accy wire from the back of the kenwood to the cigarette lighter plug...I know at least one of them works with the key..I believe it's the one on the drivers side and is pink or has a pink stripe...but regardless once you hook that up all will be well. There will also be a ground wire on the lighter socket but make sure you connect to the positive wire or it still will not work.

good luck

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
Correction..if there is a factory amp..connect the blue w/white (p cont) to the blue w/white (amp remote) of the vehicle..otherwise you will lose audio when you put a CD in..the power ant wire does this so the antenna goes down with a CD because you don't need it then. But if you hook it to the amp remote it will turn the amp off with a cd as well as when the deck is off.
huskrthill 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. I'm going to work on that this week...
Thanks again!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic