factory plug and play Keyless system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
astrosman1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:53 AM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys,

I am new to this site.  So far, I am quite impressed with the info here.  Now, here is my question.  Does Ford have a factory plug in the wiring harness for adding a keyless entry system...specifically, a factory keyless entry system?  I purchased a factory keyless entry system from my local ford dealership and of course there are no instructions that come with the system.  There is a note telling me to logon to a website, but it must be a "ford restricted" site as I have no ID and password to access that site.  I have a 1999 F350 CrewCab and it has power windows/door locks.  It doesnt have PATS from what I can tell - the ignition key is ordinary.  Any help is appreciated much!

Thanks guys!

1999 F150 Flareside
1999 F350 DRW
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
i dont believe so. the aftermarket factory systems splice wires just like any other system.
cavsfan 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:46 AM / IP Logged  
You have the Ford (Code-Alarm) dealer add on keyless entry. It is not plug and play it installs just like any aftermarket  system.
astrosman1 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

thanks for the replies - I am surprised there is no plug - I guess the workers on the production/assembly line at Ford sit there with wire cutters and splice the wires manually... not too smart considering they only make thousands of vehicles per year and cant put together a general harness to accomplish this in seconds rather than minutes or hours... rather disappointing to say the least

1999 F150 Flareside
1999 F350 DRW
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
No, that isn't true.. if the truck is ordered with factory keyless, then it has a different locking system than the other.. adding one after the fact, then you need to splice into the 5 wire system... you woul think they would revese engineer it, but the oem's are not real bright when it comes to that, they never have been.. anyway adding keyless to that truck is a breeze, and no yo don't have a PATS system in it... Get this one, I have a 94 f350 crew cab with power windows in the front[factory] and maual in the rear [factory] how dumb...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic