icon

Multiple bugs with Scytek on 2005 F150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
buening 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hello, finished up my install of a Scytek Galaxy 5000RS-2W and have a few bugs.

First off, i found the Pink/Green (power unlock) and Pink / YELLOW (power lock) at the top connector in the drivers kick panel. There are three plugs, the one at the top that apprears to go to the drivers door, one in the middle that i'm unsure of where it goes, and the bottom one which is HUGE and seems to connect the dash harness to the rear harness that runs along the sill. I tapped into the two wires i noted above for my door lock/unlock wires and they are not working. Any idea if i tapped the wrong wires or which ones i should have tapped (location? connector?). I tapped them on the underdash harness side of the connector, if that matters. The alarm/remote start does not lock the doors for anything, so i think i have the wrong wires. Also, i don't need relays for these two wires do I? I have a Pass. Unlock Output wire on my module but was told it was a huge pain to get this wired up because i have to chop up the door harness near the lock motors and lock switch in the door. True??

Another problem i am having is the tach learning function. I ran the Tach wire to the Tan wire at the injector. The module has a tachless function but i'm getting feedback through the windshield washers when the remote start is activated and terminated. Since i went to all the trouble to run the Tach wire, i prefer to not have it run in tachless mode. I went into the programming and changed the default from tachless to RPM Learn/Tach Monitor. The instructions for the RPM Learn/Tach Monitor is to: "Start engine, enter Branch 21 and press Button 1 to learn vehicle's tach signal and set to Tach Monitor Mode. THe siren will chirp and the LED will flash once to confirm learning of the tach signal and set to Tach Monitor Mode. The siren will chirp four times and the LED will flash four times if the tach signal was not learned."       I've followed those exact steps multiple times and i get the single chirp but when i go to remote start the truck, the dome light and dash gauges turn on but it won't start. It then sends a signal back to the remote informing me that the truck is turned off.  Any tricks to getting it to learn the tach? How long should it take to learn the signal?

I'm also having problems with the door trigger inputs. I was told that this truck uses a negative trigger system, so i used the negative door trigger input wire on the module. I located the BLACK/ Pink (pass door trigger) in the drivers kick panel and tapped in the door trigger input wire. I then spliced off that same input trigger wire and ran a 1A diode and tapped the BLACK / YELLOW (driver door trigger). It seems that this setup is not working correctly, because i can open the doors and the alarm will not go off. Now the sirens/horn will not sound when the door is open but after a few seconds my 2way remote goes off and says the alarm is going off. My tech support says that the door trigger wires must not be working correctly but if they were not working, how would the 2way remote know that the door was opened? After he told me to use the negative trigger wire and i had problems he told me this:

Use BLACK/ LIGHT BLUE (+) AT HEADLIGHT SWITCH HARNESS. This wire will trigger security system when the any of the vehicle doors are opened. In some vehicles one wire will allow the security system to see all of the doors. In others, there is a separate wire for each of the doors that must be used and diode isolated.
Do not use the green(-) wire door trigger wire from the module connector. Use the violet (+) door trigger wire, find this wire (BLACK/ BLUE) connect the violet, and then try the alarm and door triggers. Should do it. if not, this truck, if it has 4 doors, may likely have 4 seperate door triggers and will need diodes and all triggers to be used so when armed you get 1 chirp, and disarmed 4 chirps. Told you it was a hard truck

I don't want to go chopping more wires until i get a second opinion.

I also cannot find the correct Park Light Output wire to tap into on the factory harness. My tech guy said to use the Brown wire at the headlight switch unless my truck came with automatic headlights (which it does) then i would need to tap into the Lt GREEN/ YELLOW wire at the headlight switch. Only one problem, that headlight switch doesn't have that particular wire. Anyone know which wire i should tap into?

Also need to find the correct wire to tap into for my Factory Arm Output wire. I was told to tap into the Lt Blue/White wire at the RAP module behind the headlight switch, but my RAP module is behind the rear seat. Ideas?

This particular alarm/remote start has Ignition 1 and Ignition 2 wires. I was told that both had to be hooked up, something about the transmission sounding funny when Ignition 2 isn't hooked up. I found the Blue/Green wire at the ignition switch for Ignition 1 wire. I was told to tap into the Gray / YELLOW wire at the ignition switch for the Ignition 2 wire. And again, cannot find a Gray / YELLOW wire for Ignition 2 to tap into. Any ideas where i can find a second ignition wire?

I think i'm getting some kind of feedback into the Airbag system. Never had any problems before the install, but now about every 5 times i start the car normally the airbag warning light on the dash will come on. Has this ever happened to anyone and what should i do to prevent this from recurring? I really don't want to have my airbags fail in an accident because of this install.

I also located multiple BLACK/ Blue wires at the main connector in the drivers kickpanel for the Dome Light Supervision. Are these wires all for the dome light or is there a possibility that there are wires with the same wire color and stripe that function for something else? I probably found 5 of those same colored wires at this particular connector. If anyone has any PICTURES of the location of these wires or where to tap (i.e. door trigger, door lock/unlock, dome light supervision) that would be most beneficial, otherwise a good explanation would suffice.

Thats all the problems for now LOL.

2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
tbone587 
Copper - Posts: 167
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
There are many wires in the car with the same color.  Not one person here can really be of much assistance to you if you dont know how to use a digital multimeter and test wires.  You could have done some serious damage to your vehicle by tapping wires in the car without testing them...  I dont install scytek alarms so I really dont know anythign about their programming.  But your best bet is test the wires using digital tester.  By doing this, you can follow the wiring diagram for the car and test the wires in the locations it tells you.  From what you posted it seems that the colors you have are correct, u just need to figure out which ones are what.
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 11:17 AM / IP Logged  
First of all, almost all of the wires i've tapped into i have tested with a digital multi-meter. The ones i did not test was the door lock wires (cause i found the same colored wires on a harness that appears to go into the drivers door, figured it was a no-brainer) and the door trigger wires, which again were the only wires with that color in all of the drivers kickpanel harnesses. Seems my tech guy keeps changing his mind on the door trigger setup though, which is the main reason i posted this thread. I threw in the other questions hoping someone here who installs these systems and is familiar with 2005 F150 wiring could confirm the wires that i listed in my post and help with the ones i cannot locate. I've went through the Ford wiring diagram and it is not very user friendly for the average car guy IMO.
Anyone have any input on how they set up the door trigger input wires? This is an extended cab truck that has the four doors, but you have to open the front door in order to open the rear door. Its not a Supercrew, so there should only be a driver and passenger trigger wire.
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
The lock and unlock are in the harness running back to the BCM (-) triggers.. you are on the wrong wires... and yes you should run them through a relay [if the rs has them on board, dont worry about it. I get the tach on this truck I get a tach at the grn/wht wire in the AET test connector it's on the front pass side of the motor looks like a coil pack has a red and green wire coming out of it also... Black light blue in the green connector in the dash is the wiper deal, cut it with a relay with a ground when running.. Door pis are also in the harness running to the rear BCM (-) when open, should just have to wire the pass and driver.... IGN 1 dk blue / pink IGN 2 lite blu / pink [this wire is only there if the truck has rear wheel only antilocks... ACCY 1 black and green.. You only need the one ign if that wire isn't there Park lites are brown in the grey trailer connector by the gas pedal, ya can also find the brake wire there also...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Hymer. Am i correct with the Pink / YELLOW and Pink/Green wires for the unlock/lock? I cannot find these colored wires in the harness running along the sill to the rear of the truck. These two wires are located in the harness coming from the door and runs up the kickpanel to the dash harness. I tested them and they are both dead normally (which should read voltage when idle) and are still dead when the doors are locked and unlocked (which they should ground since it's a neg system).
About the tach wire, will the Tan wires at the injectors not work?
Thanks again for the help!!!!!!
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
They are there [lock and unlock] just a pain to find, they are also in the big connector at the bottom of the dr kick panel... idle when not in operation, and a ground when lock or unlock is pushed... If you follow the door harness it does run up in the dash and back down to the bottom of the dr kick, It has to because the BCM is in the rear of the truck.. as far as injectors on this truck go, I had a problem with them reduceing their output signal over time.. That green and white works great for me.. no probs no more!
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic