icon

park lamps flash connection

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilsuzuki07 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 11:09 PM / IP Logged  

07 suzuki forenza -I just installed remote start /alarm/keyless system , just cant figure out how to make park lamps flash, alarm system uses +12v output, any thing i hook it to to trigger flash will work but alarm does not like it and gives extra warning siren after operation(arm-disarm), and if i start car the dash/parking/radio display lights flash constantly. do i need convert to negative output and hook up to what wires for lamp flash. it is also a left and right seperated light system. I am able to make it flash both sides on single connection but it dos'nt work if started just flashes everything constant and the does extra siren(not chirp) that it don't like it. 

R. McNeil
Firstnbass 
Copper - Posts: 77
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  
would you consider connecting to the Hazards?
*ALwaYs KnoW YoUr SaLEsmAN!!*
lilsuzuki07 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2006 at 12:29 AM / IP Logged  
yes i would  try hazard lights, did not think of that spent to much time on it that day with other options, and wife needed it for work, so i put back together all else operational, thanks for the idea   
R. McNeil
Clean Install 
Silver - Posts: 446
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 03, 2006 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  

ur parking lights are going to be neg.

your going to need to use a relay to switch it from + 2 -

If we learn from each success and
each failure, then we can improve ourselves
lilsuzuki07 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  

+ 2 - yes that sounds right was'nt sure at first, tested polarity and that looks like what needs to be done. thanks Clean Install. I found the diagram to switch polarity with relay. Will try later this week, swapping camshaft in my charger right now it's in the way. 

R. McNeil
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
if the 06 is the same as the 07 u will want white neg wire behind the headlight switch...
lilsuzuki07 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 8:15 PM / IP Logged  
from what i've seen so far my 07' does have the same wire color/connections as 06' wiring diagram (spreadsheet) the only thing available at this time. White wire at headlight switch is present w/ - pol. had my hands on it ,it's the place i'd like to tap into for this connection. All replies from everyone greatly appreciated.  
R. McNeil
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
I did one of those about 5 days ago, I didnt feel like diode isolating the PURPLE / white(L) and BROWN / white(R) wires for the lights, so I using the white wire at the column for a single (-) trigger
rtfm
lilsuzuki07 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  

sounds like i'm going in the right direction now, Spookiestylez has done it the way i'd like to as well, I hav'nt tried it yet but when i get to lights i was gonna hook up the remote trunk latch pop, i'm assuming it will need to use a relay on this car to make it work and does it need to be neg also.

R. McNeil
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 6:33 PM / IP Logged  
for the hatch release brown + wire in the drivers kick. u will have to use a relay to flip the polarity from - to +...
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic