icon

I found a box, Need advice for subs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rehoredneck11 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
I just got my box in and it is 5.5 inches at the top of the box and 8 inches bottom depth for my single cab truck... i have a 1000 watt class d amp...do you think i could fit type r's .... or should i go with something a little shallower??? my box
Here are the specs if it helps you out a little:
Width: 57"
Height: 15"
Top Depth: 5 1/2"
Box Depth: 8"
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 12:41 AM / IP Logged  
I doubt type r's could fit
djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 12:56 AM / IP Logged  
Type r's will not fit.. guaranteed.. I ran a pair of MTX thunder 6000's in my  truck box they hammered... If you could find a set of those you would be amazed at the notes they produced....  is your box single or double chambered?
I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!
rehoredneck11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 1:01 AM / IP Logged  
single i think....haven't really looked at it ...so the 6000's bumped?????will take a look
djscustomz1 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 2:20 AM / IP Logged  
If it is a single chambered box it will definatly sound great in the cab of a truck.... I had a dual chamber and a single chamber. the dual chamber design made he subs more punchy and had no real low responce but the single holy doodie for a single cab truck it sounded great.. and hit incredibly hard...
I dont care about who has the bigger name in the business... The Bigger the name the Bigger the price. NO BETTER QUALITY!!!
zhalverson 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

I think you went about that backwards.  You should find a sub you like then find a proper box to match it. 

You need to figure out the internal volume of the box then find subs that will work with that size enclosure since you already have it.  Or you could sell that box find the subs you like and then get the right enclosure for the subs.  Just make sure whatever way you do it that the subs will perform properly in the enclosure you have.

rehoredneck11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  
Anyone have any suggestions on any subwoofer that maybe could fit ..... Has anyone installed a good system in a single cab truck before ..
rehoredneck11 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
how are yalls opinions on perfect 12's from infinity.....they dont seem all that bad
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
ED SQ10 has like 3 inches of mounting depth and 300 rms power handling...a couple of these would be good
jonathancullen 
Silver - Posts: 282
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
the perfects are nice subwoofers, but i think they are a little big for your application.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic