icon

2005 F150 Unlock Doesn’t Work With Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
buening 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged  
Hey fellas, i'm having trouble getting the unlock feature to work on my truck after installing a Scytek alarm and remote start combo. The factory keyless entry remote and door switches all work, but i'm getting nothing from my new 2way Scytek remote. The truck no longer unlocks when the ignition is turned off.
I know that i have tapped the correct factory wire, because when it is grounded out the locks will unlock. Is there any way to check the output of the Scytek module to determine if there is a signal and if the signal is strong enough? The doors lock when the alarm is armed, but won't unlock when it is disarmed. The truck does not need the GEM module to wake up as i have confirmed this via Directed GEM wakeup instructions. Thanks for the tips/help!!!
2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercab
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 1:37 PM / IP Logged  
 Make sure your ground for the unit itself is a good body ground. You can add a relay to the unlock wire to strenghten the ground pulse.
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 1:51 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Jeremy. Yep, i'm using the same ground bolt as the factory sill harness uses on the kickpanel. Just found the following advice:
To test if the Galaxy unlock is working, use a regular test light, hook one end to a constant +12V source and the other to the unlock output. If the light comes on when unlocking you know the output is good. A multimeter is the only tool I recommend probing factory wires with, because a test light will cause a dead to supply (whether the supply be ground or hot) short, which is what you want for testing that output. I recommend testing the door unlock function with the door open, this ensures that the GEM does not go to sleep at all. If your output is good from the Galaxy and the door is open and unlock still does not work, you are not on the correct wire in the vehicle.
The dome light will illuminate during the unlock output if you are on the correct GEM wire...to test this, turn the ignition key to on and hit unlock on the remote, the dome light will turn on and off for the duration of the unlock pulse.
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
You'll want to grab a seperate ground. I would recomend shooting a self tapper in with a nice star washer and scrub away a little paint. Factory grounds can cause issues, I had a remote start that would work perfect and then just cease to work. Moved the ground and magic it worked every time.  Did the unlock ever work off of the scytek?
buening 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thats fine, i'll move the ground. I just figured if it is good enough for the factory it's good enough for me.
Nope the unlock hasn't ever worked that that is the only thing left to figure out on my install. Everything else is working flawlessly.
2003 Mustang
1970 Mustang Mach 1
1970 Mustang Fastback

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic