icon

tach wire, 06 ford f450 tow truck

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mauri197 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 06 ford f450 tow truck i need to get the tach wire i went voltage sensing but it has trouble starting up in cold weather dei says grenn white behind emergency brake wire is there but no signal i tested the wire with my volt meter and yes ac tanx
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
Hey, former towman and current alarm installer here. Do you tow, or is a customer's truck?
The wire is actually behind the fusebox, not behind the emergency brake.
Unbolt the fuse box (4x 10mm bolts), tug the box out a bit, and you'll see a handful of wires there. The ends of the wires are just capped off with shrink tubing---they are NOT connected to anything.
Tach is the light GREEN / WHITE wire.
The tach signal on the '05-up Ford Diesels is tricky, and it doesn't sucessfully work with all remote starters----- what brand and model are you installing?
mauri197 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  
tanx i got it it was a dei a cliford matrix its a costumer i had to change the voltage treshold on the unit
mauri197 
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2007 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
ok guys i posted this a while back i have a lil problem with this tow truck when it sits and it gets cold it doesnt start it goes true its cycle of trying to start 3 time it has a viper5900 in it i tried increasing crank time to 2 seconds and when you start it with the key it does feel a lil bit longer than that any suggestions i reprogramed tach i checked my tach connection

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic