icon

2007 Civic Door Lock/Unlock Wires

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
0utlaw 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed a Viper 160XVL remote starter in my 2007 Honda Civic. The install went well, and the remote start works perfectly. However I have been unable to identify the wires for the power door lock/unlock. According to my wiring sheet they should be gray and green, and found in the kickpanel. I removed the kickpanel and there and 3 connectors pigybacked here. The bottom one is blue, the other 2 are white. Also there is a bundle of wires with no connectors that pass through here and go towards the rear.
Can anyone give me any more specific instructions where the proper wires are located and how to identify them?
Thanks.
mobilecustoms 
Silver - Posts: 397
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2006 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
did you test the wires or are the colors not there
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 3:52 AM / IP Logged  
 LOCK Green or Blue In white behind fusebox   - 
 UNLOCK Gray In white behind fusebox   - 
 DOORPIN SEE NOTES     
 Green (Driver's door), Lt.green (pass. Door), Brown (Rear left) and Gray (Rear right). All 4 wires are (-) and found in the green 42-pin plug on the top of the fusebox under the driver's side of the dash.
 HOODPIN Lt.blue At pinswitch or front of fusebox   - 
 Not available on all models.
 TRUNK PIN Blue In green 42-pin plug top of fusebox   - 
 TRUNK RELEASE Green In green 42-pin plug top of fusebox   + 
 FACTORY ARM Pink or Orange In white plug behind fusebox under dash   - 
 FACTORY DISARM Brown

In white plug behind fusebox under dash  

- 
Be aware...you need to trigger the arm and disarm wires at the same time as the lock and unlock....!
0utlaw 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 8:18 AM / IP Logged  
I tested the wires but not sure I am doing that properly. I am using a digital voltmeter. How do you test for a negative signal?  Do I have to put one lead to constant +12v and then probe the wires with the other lead? Or should I use the ohms setting and test for continuity to ground.   
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
The wire are high up in the driver kick panel. Look at where the wire are coming in from the door boot. That is where you will find them.
Black probe on ground and red probe on the doorlock wire. You will have 12V reading and 0 when you hit the lock wire.
Since you are using a mulitimeter, you will never be able to see it because the reading will moves very quicky. I may suggest that you use something to clamp the probe when you are making your measurement of the wire.    
This is the part where you want to have good equipment and experience to help you out. I use a good compuster safe test light, along with a power probe so that I can see the test light blink when I hit the lock switch.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2007 Civic Door Lock/Unlock Wires -- posted image.
snotdobbs 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  
the lock and unlock wires are up high in the kick area...to see where they come in from the door you wouldnt have to take the kick panel off but it sure makes it easier......just look for the boot coming in from the door and tag your wires there....the lock unlock arm and disarm are all grouped in the same harness.......they are very thin....maybe 22 gauge.......
mr.papageorgio 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  
i did one of these tonight , there 2 looms of wires coming out of the door boot , they are in one of the 2 looms wires are regualr size wires ...i could not find for the life of the disarm wire but after reading the post above me i will try the very thin wires i figured they were not for the alarm as they are very very thin ....this car wasnt that bad at all just frustarting for me
mxxmikexx 
Silver - Posts: 796
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 11:30 PM / IP Logged  
I just did one today aswell, not to bad
Mike Battaglia
Specialized Car Audio
Bensenville IL 60106
mr.papageorgio 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  

mxxmikexx wrote:
I just did one today aswell, not to bad

how was it ? i thought it was a pain in the ass at first ...did the disarm wires work fine thou ? also did you arm the alarm also or just do facotry disarm ?

KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged  
arm, disarm, lock, and unlock are in a plug HIGH (as stated above) and they are easy to grab hold of.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic