icon

Eclipse AVN5435 Nav Problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dstaysniak 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 3:14 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a new AVN5435 two weeks ago. Everything works great except for the NAV. I am used to using a Garmin Street Pilot prior to this. When I calibrate the Eclipse according to the manual, the unit always wants to track in the direction opposite the one I'm actually traveling in. On a regular basis it also loses it's direction. Within 2 miles of it being calibrated, I'm heading due west and the unit all of a sudden has me taking a side road to the north. In the end it shows me running parallel, 10 mile sto the north of my actual location. I've had numerous calls to Eclipse tech support and each time the response offered is totally out to lunch. Unit came with DVD v1.2, they want me to pay$$$ to buy ver 1.4. For what? if it came with v.1.2, it should work with that version. With my home position in memory, it always wants to drop me off 1/4 mile to the east of the actual location.   Has anyone else had these types of problems?
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
How's the GPS antenna unit looking ? Connected and positioned properly ? How's it holding a signal ? How are all the grounding points on the intstall harness looking ? This issue also occurs on other units such as pioneer and they are antenna related, almost/always..
You should upgrade to newer maps if possible. I would also be peeved if it is a buggy map and the vendor wants to charge to fix their mistakes..
sparkie 
Platinum - Posts: 2,061
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2006 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  
Try relocating the GPS antenna temporarily onto the roof. The GPS antenna should also be sitting on a small piece of metal supplied with it (3" x 3") whereever it is mounted now. Don't place close to a magnet or electronic component that may cause interference.
sparky

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic