the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

manual trans remote starters

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ziggyb222 
Silver - Posts: 593
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 6:13 AM / IP Logged  
I have done many remote starts in the last five years. The one thing that I have never done is a starter in a manual trans car. Many times I have come to this site to get advice from the many people who take the time to answer questions on here. So when I to;d a customer that I would consider doing a starter in a 07 Camry, I figured I would come right here and ask all the great minds of this site this simple question...... What is a good brand of starter that offers manual trans capability and where can I get them? I mostly install Crimestopper because they are readily available to me here in northern Maine. They do not offer a manual trans model. Thanks for your time...
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  
Compustar, Astroflex, or AST (ultrastarter) just a few....there are more. My self, I'm an Astro guy.
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 8:54 AM / IP Logged  

Just to throw my 2 cents in, those are all good brands but ultra start has started dumping refurb units in  so if you decide to go that way make sure you get only current models. The refurbs are very cheap and they are junk, many people are getting burned on them. I have recently signed up with compustar as a result....

iskidoo 
Silver - Posts: 1,040
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 9:33 AM / IP Logged  
Im in central Maine as well and MRI direct handles the northeast distribution for Ultrastart and Compustar. Both offer manual units. http://mridirect.com/default.aspx
Steve G
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 4:22 PM / IP Logged  
ultra for sure. just like you buy anything referbished it is more likely to have problems down the road. that is what ebay is for selling refurbs...
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2006 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

I would NOT buy any electronics off of Flea-bay... to risky.

Just my opinion

redlinecustoms 
Member - Posts: 34
Member spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  

Go with the compustar man, Ive installed a ton, including one for my own jeep(its a stick). Ive never had a problem with them.

Jack

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Don't forget Autostart too.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.manual trans remote starters -- posted image.
splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 4:30 PM / IP Logged  
ebay is were they are dumping them. i only buy from my distributor. i have had very few problems with ultra besides a few antenna's...
ers1121 
Copper - Posts: 110
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 05, 2006 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  
The UltraStart was both installer & customer friendly.
Ed
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic