1999 Mercedes CLK 430

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
datspeed77 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 6:12 PM / IP Logged  

Guys,

I installed a plug and play Sirius Satellite receiver into a 1999 Mercedes CLK 430.  The owner of the car comes back two weeks later and tells me that the windows and sunroof all roll down by itself.  Can this be the receiver?  I don't think so personally.  I hooked up the cigarette lighter adaptor to acc and ground behind the radio.  Even T-Tapped it.  Never cut a single wire.  Hooked it up to Pink/Blue for accessory and Brown for ground.  Anybody heard of this problem?  Let me know.  I got a feeling the dealership is going to blame it on me.  (Like Always!)  Thanks in advance

Silvrefox 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 06, 2006 at 6:24 PM / IP Logged  
Check under the seats for any brown glass bottles or perhaps any baggies with what appears to be dried parsley residue in them
Seriously though, if possible have the customer bring the car back and undo the Sirius to see if the problem manifests itself again. If it does, move the ground elsewhere, and grab the Pink/Red at the ignition harness.
datspeed77 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 12:39 PM / IP Logged  
Found out the problem.  I put the Sirius sattelite antenna on the rear trunk lid.  Zip tied the wire to the bar of the lid.  Zip tied it so tight that that negative trigger input for the windows pierced through a weld on the bar.  How random is that?  Anyways, just letting you guys know to hack up the install and don't zip tie on Mercedes.  LOL!  Cool part was the Mercedes dealership told the owner that we did a very professional job and that it wasn't anything we hacked up that made the windows mess up.  She was actually very happy to hear that.  We're doing her other car next week.  Problem is it's another Mercedes. HAAAAA!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic