Major Headunit Problem

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
matt swindell 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  
Heres the scoop:
I was splitting my remote turn on wire using a relay as is recomended, and everything is going just fine. Then i had to love it up by accidentally touching the constant +12v wire to the ground wire connected to the relay.
I know that my first major mistake was splicing into the headunit wires to get the ground and +12v and not disconnecting the battery.
So now my question is, is the headunit fried for sure? It wont turn on or show any aknowledgement that it's getting power and the fuse in the headunit is still good and the cars radio fuse is still good. So, I'm pretty sure I already know the answer, but I just wanted someone to confirm it for me.
Sorry for the long post for such a stupid mistake and question and thanks for any help!
m3xciao6 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 9:18 PM / IP Logged  
hay man sounds like the same thing i did , i tryed to wire my head with the battery still connected and i used different connectsion i have it wired correclty now but the thing wont even turn on
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 12:26 AM / IP Logged  
try replacing the fuse anyways, sometimes they have just a hair line crack that will cause them not to work, if that dosent work, and the deck is out of warranty it might have an internal fuse as well to check, or the worst is you have fried the power supply
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
ss-installer 
Silver - Posts: 444
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 10:49 AM / IP Logged  
check both fuses. one in cab, one under hood.
suburban boy 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged  

Check all the fuses and if not that then i guess its fried, do you have warranty? or a service plan?

Suburban boy

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic