icon

Where to buy resistors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bhockett 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  

I've been reading threads for a while but this is my first post, so far I think its great to have a resource like this.

I'm going to install a Viper 160xv into my 2006 Dodge diesel and need a place to buy the resistors. It requires a 180, 610 and 1130 (1.1k) ohm resistors for the remote start and parking lights.

I checked at Radio Shack and a local audio shop and no luck.

I've installed seven other remote starters in other vehicles and the hardest being my wife’s 2001 Grand Prix GT, it is a 2-way remote start / alarm with all the bells and whistles.

By reading some of the posts it looks like this one will be one of those tough ones.

Plan: hook up only the remote start and parking lights, not the door lock system due to it already having the functions on the factory key and keep a key in the ignition until I get it working properly, then add the by-pass unit.

Any tech tips from you guys that have "been there and done that" sure will help.

Thanks!!!

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 08, 2006 at 9:21 PM / IP Logged  
Radio shack will DEFINITELY have the resistor you need, but maybe not in the exact value that you need. If you put two 100ohm resistors in series you will get 200ohms resistance, parallel those same resistors and you will get 50ohms. Put together what you need from what they offer.
Or just buy one of these and get it all via data:
http://bypasskit.com/product.aspx?prodid=XK03
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
The unit  you buy will usually come with a resistor pack. I also thought that radio shack would carry them. Maybe a hobby shop.
bhockett 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  

No they had a selection but not the exact ones and if I can order them on line somewhere without having to pieces them together would be nice.

Anyone have the part number and a location where you get them?

How about a variable resistor and dial it in with an ohm meter?

john ogrady 
Copper - Posts: 82
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 9:47 PM / IP Logged  
Radio Shack or any electronics store usually will have the resistors.To get just the specfic resistors you want .You might have problems.I find the best is to buy a assortment pack which usually contains about 100 resistors of different values.Most times the values are printed on the pack.The pack is usually about $4.00.
wiretapper 
Copper - Posts: 166
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

Radio Shack will gladly order any resistor you need. Just ask the salesperson.

splaudio 
Copper - Posts: 237
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 7:30 AM / IP Logged  
www.partsexpress.com they will have exactly what u want and fast shipping...

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic