Viper 791XV, 79 Firebird

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
volkerc 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys and gals,
I just signed up here hoping someone can help me. I have a 79 Firebird in Germany and decided to get the Viper 791XV alarm system, I also bought the 520T backup battery, and the 516L programmable voice module, and the proximity sensor. I'm having trouble understanding how to hook up those pieces to the main unit.
To be more specific, I would like to find out if:
1. I still need to hook up the 12 V constant power to the 791XV, and 516L,
or would the constant power only go to the Backup battery and then hook up the Backup battery to constant power input of the 791XV and 516 L.
2.The 516L has basically all the same wires to attach to door pins and such as the 791 XV has. Will I have to connect the door pins to the 791XV AND the 516L or just to the 516l or 791XV????
I'm lost!!!
To give you guys an idea what I was trying to accomplish:
I want an alarm system that triggers a programmed voice to warn people away and then trigger the alarm if people still approach the car (proximity sensor). I would also like to use the remote start feature.
The car has no power windows, no power locks. Installation should actually be simple, but I can't figure it out....
kai211 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 1:51 AM / IP Logged  

Hello I have a 78 cutllass supreme and a 84 monte carlo with the same set up as those, first if you look at the ign. harness for your car (key switch) you should find a wire for 12 volts, use a multimeter or test light to verify...

The 516L and the 791xv has to be connected completely, the blue wire of the alarm (791xv) and the 516L share the trunk wire, or hood whcih ever you prefer... the green wire off both units MUST be used for neg. door triggers..and for the prox. snsor since it can send a ground trigger it can be hooked up to the door trigger as well but make sure you diode isolate from the other wires you never want to run more than one mod. or brain off one wire, ex. off the orange wire if you connect and external relay for starter kill, and a Varad led light you should diode isolate from each other to eliminate the prob of interference.... and on the 791xv and 516L to hav the unit talk when remote starting connect the 2 pin plug into the (516L) unit and the two wires (ORANGE / black) and (blue/black) the O/B connect to theneg accessory output of the 791xv  which is on therelay sat. ribbion harness, and the wire is (orange) and the (blue/black) wire connets to the blue wire of the alarm the same location of the orange wire on the sat. rib. harn.  , well have fun...

Thats SIK!!!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic