05 Chrysler Pacifica Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Shaft 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2006 at 11:28 PM / IP Logged  
Dear Friends,
I am installing a DEI 561T remote start on my 05 Chrysler Pacifica. My Pacifica has factory keyless entry. I'll tell you what I've done first.
Even though mine is the Touring model <not a base> I still had to add the wire to the harness because I didn't have the PURPLE / lt. blue door lock wire.
I'm am not sure if I should or how I should tie into the door locks for the Factory Security Disarm and Factory Rearm. My plan is to use the <LOCK> button to activate the remote start. Instead of using the door lock wire <with all its funky voltage> I am going to use the horn honk because it is a true 12 - pulse. (The horn honks each time the lock button is pushed.)
I had not problem finding the power wires. I've read in other posts that you don't have to use the relay and resistor on the second ignition circuit. I have tried it boths ways.
I found a good tach wire that pulses 12v, so I didn't need to move the jumper. I haven't mentioned the immobilizer bypass because my problem comes before that.
I got everything hooked up (with the exception of the door locks) and have tried to do the tach learning. I held the button for up to 2 minutes and have revved the engine, but the light never came on.
Any suggestions? Do you think I might have a faulty unit?
Bryan
Field Support Technician, Fujitsu Ten
Houston, TX
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
There are MANY modules for this rig, that make the install alot simpler....no tagging the lock, no grabbing the disarm, et. You are doing this the hard way....it's a great education, BUT! find the bypass that control ALL the stuff and the transponder...
Shaft 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  
I've got the DEI 556CW transponder bypass. But, you didn't answer my question. Did I do something wrong or do I have a faulty unit?
mauri197 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
where did you go for tach wire
Shaft 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 10:46 PM / IP Logged  
I hit the wire going to the first cyclinder. BROWN / blue I believe. I measured it and it was pulsing 12.3-12.5 volts.
mauri197 
Copper - Posts: 80
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2006 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
you got the wrong tach you dont test for tach wire as dc voltage but as ac and it should read in between 1volt to six volts ac not dc
Shaft 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 8:30 PM / IP Logged  
Hello All,
I am installing a DEI 561T on a 2005 Pacifica. The car has a factory Keyless entry that I plan to use to trigger the new remote start. The three options I have are...
1. The lock signal
2. The parking lights
3. The horn
The problem is that this vehicle uses low voltage for the keyless entry. Even the horn honk is low voltage and not enough to throw a relay. The DEI 561T requires -12v or +12v pulse in order to trigger the remote start. I can ground out the wire manually and it will work. My problem is finding a signal that the DEI piece will work with. Any suggestions?
Bryan
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2006 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not framiliar with your unit, but it seems to me you need to get that (-) pulse from the horn to latch a relay to activate the rs.. 1st.. the guys are right , you probably have the wrong tach wire. 2nd the car wont remote start without the key being right near the ign barrel [I am assuming you have the key with all the lock crap on it, thats why you went with this unit]   Here is a way to test your rs wireing.. ground whatever wire is supposed to activate the rs, hold the key sideways near the ign barrel, the car should fire up the dash lights and such, and then start.. my guess is it wont.. these chryslers are real tricky, the best thing to do is get the bypass that takes care of all the craziness.. it will keep the hair on the top of your head rather than falling out in big clumps on the garage floor.. You will need resisors for the door locks, (-) pk lights and disarm, not to mention for the 2nd start and mux wire activation , and sometimes even shutdown...
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Shaft 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 10:03 AM / IP Logged  
OK, I have no problem with the tach wire. The original problem at the top of the post was because I didn't have both power wires hooked up. I have successfully started the car from the RS unit by grounding the activation input to send its pulse. The problem I have now is finding a source that is activated by the factory keyless entry that is strong enough for the RS to trigger. The horn honk only honks around 6 volts. Maybe I need a 6v relay?
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2006 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged  
You could try going right to the + side of the actual horn and reverse the polarity with a relay, horn honks relay trips, sending a ground for your rs activation, I think this could be done off the pk lites also. Ya just have to run more wires... Eithere way the lites and horn are still 12v the bcm is what needs to see the resistance and low voltage.. But check 1st!
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic